What's Up With Celebrity Explorations Pricing???

Diva Onboard

I wanted to book one of the Celebrity Explorations packages - the Northern Lights Exploration. The website clearly states what's included in the "Package" - airfare from JFK to Rejkavic, airfare from Rejkavic to London, airfare from London to JFK - all transfers, taxes, fees - three nights at a luxury hotel, some shore excursions and some meals. The cost of the Exploration for 9/14/17 is almost $3,000 more than the cruise alone. The rate posted online for a category C3 is $10,202 plus tax. When you go to book this the website auto deducts $850 per person as an "air credit" - when my TA called and said she did not apply the air credit or ask for it they said the cost of the exploration would be about $13,000 for the C3. How is it that the price us different in the website from what Celebrity advertises? Is that deceptive advertising? It's like a darn shell game.

Edited by Diva Onboard

Celebrity website has a LONG history of issues. Always suggest calling first to celebrity and then transferring the reservation to a TA for additional discounts. The add on explorations are priced very strangely on usually not a bargain. I also note I do not understand what you are trying to say about the pricing except the verbal pricing differs from the website. And that would often be true as the website updates once or twice a day while the pricing on a Celebrity consultant's screen updates in real time. Also TAs will tell you Celebrity deals are confusing as heck.

That's exactly what I did. Went to book the explorations "Vacation Package" and the total cost was $10,202 plus tax for a C3 category. When I coninued in the online booking deck it deducted $850 per person for an "air credit" so that's when I had the TA call Celebrity. Celebrity the added the $850 per person back on and additional charges that totaled more than $13,000 which is way more than the website advertised price of $10,202 plus tax. The $10,292 was the explorations "package" price. So in reality the website advertised price is less than Celebrity's verbal. It's like a bait and switch.

Edited by Diva Onboard

The other problem with cruise packages is that since it's a separate booking code you don't get price reductions when the cost of the cruise goes down. At least this was our experience at Princess. We cancelled the package and rebooked the cruise only, using the savings to enhance our DIY pre-cruise trip.