Splash Academy - 6 Yr Old - Staying in Contact?

santacap

We have solely cruised with Carnival where they provide you with a phone that works on board from room to phone, phone to room etc.

I can see that Splash academy will 'call' you if you are to pick your child up.

Just curious if NCL offers a similar type contact phone during the week?

Thanks in advance:)

Only if your child has proven to be a problem or is special needs. We get the phone on NCL because one of our kids is autistic and the other has ADHD. unfortunately, they've had to use it a few times. Other parents don't get the phone. When I was on CCL it was the same. We got a phone because of the kids being "Different" other parents didn't get one but maybe it's ship specific for CCL.

We have solely cruised with Carnival where they provide you with a phone that works on board from room to phone, phone to room etc.

I can see that Splash academy will 'call' you if you are to pick your child up.

Just curious if NCL offers a similar type contact phone during the week?

Thanks in advance:)

I know this doesn't "really" apply to you...but since I was looking into a 3 year old who might not be fully potty trained, I remembered seeing this on the NCL site:

Splash Academy will accept children in diapers who are eligible to participate in the complimentary, drop-off program. However, Norwegian Youth Counselors are not able to change diapers or pull-ups. The parent or primary guardian will be given a beeper or handy phone to alert them when their child needs assistance. Beepers and handy phones do not work ashore. At least one parent or primary guardian will have to stay on board when their children are signed into the Youth Program and the ship is docked in port.

So it appears they have beepers and handy phones to give out, but not sure if they are reserved for those children who might need toilet help. Hope this helps a little.

NCL does have a cell phone app that you can use to call/text with...they charge est. $7.95 for a week per phone. 6 sounds young but, you never know....kids these days know how to use electronics better than most adults! So, if you have a tech savvy 6 yr old, I would do that.

If you're in a suite, there's a cabin phone you can take with you anywhere on the ship. Otherwise you'll need to call the kids club every time you move locations on the ship, or sign up for iconciege

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk