nassau

j2casper

Well, the wheelchair might have a good time on its own, but I suspect you are asking about a wheelchair user, not the wheelchair, LOL!

I have not been there, but have been told that wheelchair accessible transportation is difficult to get here, and access is limited. If you can transfer to a cab, this may be your best option.

We have been there several times, but have never left downtown Nassau. The first time we just walked around. Most shops were reasonably accessible, but the straw market is too crowded and the booths too close together for a wheelchair. The second time we went to the Pirates Museum which is accessible. Its about a 5 to 10 minute walk from the pier.

Prior to our last visit, I did some research about other options; however, my husband decided that it was too hot for him to leave the ship so I do not have any first hand experience. As the previous poster noted, accessible transportation is hard to find. If you can transfer to a taxi, you could go over to Atlantis which i was told was accessible. Another options might be Ardastra Gardens, Zoo and Conservation Center which I was told are mostly accessible.

Archived