Starfish Point

surfergurl67

Anyone been to Starfish Point?? Is it a fortune for taxi

Yes. and YES.

Starfish point is normally visited by boat. A few operators offer a stingray sandbar visit with a stop at starfish point. Ususlly combined with a lunch at Rum Point or Kaibo. Whole trip is usually less than a one way taxi fare from the port to starfish point.

I wouldn't go all the way out there just for that as your destination. Our last few trips there have been very few starfish hanging around.

If you're on an excursion that stops there as part of the itinerary, great. If you are renting a car and visiting Rum Point for the day, it's maybe worth the 10 minute detour over to Starfish Point if you have time. But definitely don't pick Starfish Point as your "destination" for the day.

Anyone been to Starfish Point?? Is it a fortune for taxi

We went there with Acquarius Sea Tours and it was fantastic.

They have 3 stops. Coral Gardens to snorkel, starfish point, then stingray city. Captain Mario and Dwayne are fantastic. They know the area well and have great boat that holds 18 ppl. They also gave us Pizza for lunch and water all for $50pp.

Going there again next week it was so GREAT!

• 3 weeks later...
We went there with Acquarius Sea Tours and it was fantastic.

They have 3 stops. Coral Gardens to snorkel, starfish point, then stingray city. Captain Mario and Dwayne are fantastic. They know the area well and have great boat that holds 18 ppl. They also gave us Pizza for lunch and water all for $50pp.

Going there again next week it was so GREAT!

So you obliviously thought that Acquarius Sea Tours was great, I am looking at going with them in Oct of Liberty. I read about someone else on another thread that said they were very helpful with her slight disability. I have severe fibromyalgia and he causes muscle and nerve pain, intensifies pain among many other things. I also have a bad knee that sometimes acts up and would make it hard to climb a ladder and move around the boat. But they were very helpful today and said that they would have no problem helping me up and down the ladder if I need it. They said not to worry about anything and would make sure to make my excursion enjoyable. Glad to her about your enjoying them.

So you obliviously thought that Acquarius Sea Tours was great, I am looking at going with them in Oct of Liberty. I read about someone else on another thread that said they were very helpful with her slight disability. I have severe fibromyalgia and he causes muscle and nerve pain, intensifies pain among many other things. I also have a bad knee that sometimes acts up and would make it hard to climb a ladder and move around the boat. But they were very helpful today and said that they would have no problem helping me up and down the ladder if I need it. They said not to worry about anything and would make sure to make my excursion enjoyable. Glad to her about your enjoying them.

Just returned after going with them the 2nd time on March 1, 2016.

Capt Mario went out snorkeling in the water with my 10 yr old niece while watching over her and showed her fish and how to snorkel. He is very helpful on his boat and in the water, plus he took pictures and posted them in a dropbox link for us for free! Safety is most important. This is way I love going on a private tour. We had 20 ppl this time, and Capt Mario had a 3rd crew member. I am no spring chicken and they helped me get on and off the boat ladder. Highly Recommend this company!! If you look on Trip Advisor, you can see pictures of the tour and boat.. They also post many pictures on his FB page. ENJOY.