Tell me about recent visits to Escambron Beach

jlrn366419

• 2 weeks later...

So me and the kiddies have travelled around different parts of the world and used public transportation often (metros in Paris, trains and busses in Poland and England, local micro and mini busses that the locals use deep in the mountains of cusco Peru ). I saw a great bus system schedule. I was wondering if anyone has ever used it ? It's pretty much 75 cents exact change per person each way. I am assuming ocean park or isle verde is where I want to go. How long did it take?

Traveling by bus from Old San Juan & Cruise Piers, Puerto Rico

to San Juan International Airport – take bus 5 or 53 east to Isla Verde and transfer to bus 40 or 50 going to the airport. Due to the transfer, the regular tourist rate will be $1.50 (75¢ x 2).

to/from Ocean Park or Isla Verde – take bus 5 or 53 (75¢).

to Condado, the Pan American Pier, Puerto Rico Convention Center, or Isla Grande Airport – take bus 21 or 53 east (75¢).

to Miramar – take bus 5 east (75¢) or the Metrobus Express (50¢).

The busses can be a viable way to get around the San Juan metro area. There isn't really a set schedule, so you may have to be flexible with your timing.

One thing to note - busses will not accept luggage, so keep this in mind if you plan on traveling to and from the airport or cruise terminals. A shoulder bag or backpack is fine, but they will turn you away if you have luggage. Also, you'll need exact change, and the drivers will not make change.

there is a beach about a 30 minute walk from the pier.

Its a nice walk along the north coast.

You can take a (75cent ) bus. (bus #1) Terminal in front of pier #4)

The beach is Escambron a little further down there is a small beach near to the Condado Plaza hotel.

• 2 weeks later...
there is a beach about a 30 minute walk from the pier.

Its a nice walk along the north coast.

You can take a (75cent ) bus. (bus #1) Terminal in front of pier #4)

The beach is Escambron a little further down there is a small beach near to the Condado Plaza hotel.

We'll be there in May and I am considering the walk to Escambron. How was the traffic situation? I'll have 2 young children in tow (< 3 yrs) and if we're dodging lots of traffic, I may opt for the bus or a taxi - or a different activity all together.

With kids that young, I would definitely opt for a bus or taxi. Sometimes there is construction along the northern-most road and that could be an additional challenge.

I'm largely thinking taxi at this point. We're in port from 7am to 1pm....not a lot of time. I don't want to spend my time traveling around. Taxi is also the safest - which is worth the price of ~$30 r/t.

Good call - there is no set bus schedule, so waiting around for the bus is typical.

Have you visited OSJ before? Escambrón is "ok" - I never get tired of wandering around Old San Juan (I've lived here for the past 3 years) and there are activities available for the younger kids.

Good call - there is no set bus schedule, so waiting around for the bus is typical.

Have you visited OSJ before? Escambrón is "ok" - I never get tired of wandering around Old San Juan (I've lived here for the past 3 years) and there are activities available for the younger kids.

We've been to OSJ many times. We typically walk around, shop, get a "La Madre" at Tijuana's...not exactly riveting activities for the kids. Was considering the beach as a change of pace per our normal OSJ routine.

Have a great time!!! There's always people selling ice cream and there's a snack shop over by Scuba Dogs. The pool over by the Scuba Dogs shack is a great spot for snorkeling. Even if it's super rough, the pool is always calm. And keep your eye out for sea turtles - I have seen many there.