Skippers Club ... How much earlier can you board ?

Kahhli

My husband and I are going to be in a Jr Suite (Verandah deck) on the Fascination.

A Carnival Rep told me that that entitles us to the Skippers Club which allows us boarding without waiting in the regular line to board.

We were wondering what time to get to the port to board.

We will be staying at a hotel near the airport and will have to take a cab to the port so we are trying to line up the time.

Thanks

You don't have to stand in any of the pre-id pic lines after you get past security. We almost always book suites and we've found that we like to get to the piers at 10:30/11:00. The security lines are still short at that time. Then, we find the nearest Carnival rep who lets us through to the Skipper Club area where we go and do all the paperwork. If the ship has been cleared and passengers can board, a Carnival rep will take you around the other lines (sign and sail, check in, etc) and to the end of the line for the id photo. From there, it's just like any other cruise, you get stuck behind the obligatory photo line (which we always try to get around as quickly as possible - ship's pics don't interest us).

It saves you having to stand in the long, windey lines. And, you get a comfortable place to sit if you're there before the ship starts boarding. If you're there by 11:00, you probably won't have to stand in any lines at all based on my past experience.

Have fun!

Thanks for the info Beach4me !

Sounds good to me !

We didnt even know that was part of the perks when we decided to book the room , we mainly did it because its the first time in 15 yrs we are getting to go somewhere childless for more than day and we thought HECK we deserve this. We have earned it ! lol

I see you are leaving on a cruise this week .. Have fun !

Kahhli

Kahhli,

Good for you guys! I hope you find that you enjoy cruising as much as I do. Here's a hint for you...if you find yourself having a hard time finding a deck chair, head for the topless deck (it will be towards the front of the ship and there will be a small set of steps heading up to it - ask any crew member on deck, they will point you there). You will find that there are very few - if any - topless women up there...and there's always plenty of deck chairs. It's really a "top optional" area - not a "topless" but it's always referred to as the topless deck. :)

Thanks for the well-wishes on my upcoming cruise. I'm leaving for FL on Thursday. I can't wait!

Be sure to post back after you return and let us know how you liked your cruise!

Archived