Adventure's Port-Intensive Itinerary / Room Options

Hi all... we are looking into a Southern Caribbean sailing on Adventure of the Seas, which is a port-intensive itinereary, so we will be out and about most of the time... but of course, we still want to be comfy in our rooms. We tend to like balcony rooms after having had an inside room once, without incident... then an oceanview room during a trip with our toddler got sick, then we got sick, and although we recovered with enough time to enjoy a great cruise, we decided to always book a balcony to at least be able to enjoy fresh air in case one of us isn't feeling well and is quarantined to the room. We are certainly not planning on having that happen again, but it taught us something. After having the oceanview room, we then sailed with a balcony room, and we loved it.

We will now be traveling with or 2 young children and my mom, so we will book two staterooms, but because of how port-intensive this itinerary is, I am second-guessing the balcony idea, and I'm wondering if an inside or oceanview room would be a better choice on this one. We have yet to sail onboard the Adventure of the Seas. Any advice on this?

Adventure has some interesting connecting stateroom options. On deck 9, forward, there is a balcony connected to an OV. Same deck aft, a balcony connected to an inside.

We were on Adventure last September, and will be again this September. You will have a great time whichever room you choose! I think room choice is subjective...I have read posts from people that love their inside staterooms. I am claustrophobic and can't even imagine! However, as Bob mentioned above, if you could get an inside or oceanview connected to a balcony, that might be a good middleground for you.

Have a great trip!

Adventure has some interesting connecting stateroom options. On deck 9, forward, there is a balcony connected to an OV. Same deck aft, a balcony connected to an inside.

Yes, we stayed in those. My sons had the inside and we took the connecting balcony. The balcony is smaller than most and one side is metal (so it's dark). We were in the aft, long walk to the elevators. One thing is the connecting door is in the middle of the wall (most are either by the door or the window), so there was no couch in the balcony, just a chair. The Adventure did go into dry dock, so not sure if they improved these rooms or not. Your kids are young enough so this would be a good choice of room for you, and the cost saving is good too. I may have a picture somewhere, if I do I'll post it.

Have a great cruise!

Laurie

I was on the Jewel about 2 years ago on a Southern Caribbean route - 5 ports, 1 sea day. I had an inside cabin and I was completely fine. I was barely in my room, only to shower, change and sleep.

I was on the Adventure in September - 4 ports, 2 sea days - and even though I had a balcony (got a great price), I could've done an inside cabin since I spent little time in my room. If it's in your price range, I say go for the balcony. Since I had it, I used it to unwind every night before bed and before going to dinner.

Thank you for this! Looking at the deck plan now.

We were on Adventure last September, and will be again this September. You will have a great time whichever room you choose! I think room choice is subjective...I have read posts from people that love their inside staterooms. I am claustrophobic and can't even imagine! However, as Bob mentioned above, if you could get an inside or oceanview connected to a balcony, that might be a good middleground for you.

Have a great trip!

Thank you! Enjoy your cruise as well. We're looking at sailing in either October or December this year, so either way, you sail first :)

Yes, we stayed in those. My sons had the inside and we took the connecting balcony. The balcony is smaller than most and one side is metal (so it's dark). We were in the aft, long walk to the elevators. One thing is the connecting door is in the middle of the wall (most are either by the door or the window), so there was no couch in the balcony, just a chair. The Adventure did go into dry dock, so not sure if they improved these rooms or not. Your kids are young enough so this would be a good choice of room for you, and the cost saving is good too. I may have a picture somewhere, if I do I'll post it.

Have a great cruise!

Laurie

Thanks for the descriptive feedback... that definitely helps. If you do find a picture that would be great. It already sounds like a great option for us.

I was on the Jewel about 2 years ago on a Southern Caribbean route - 5 ports, 1 sea day. I had an inside cabin and I was completely fine. I was barely in my room, only to shower, change and sleep.

I was on the Adventure in September - 4 ports, 2 sea days - and even though I had a balcony (got a great price), I could've done an inside cabin since I spent little time in my room. If it's in your price range, I say go for the balcony. Since I had it, I used it to unwind every night before bed and before going to dinner.

Thanks for the feedback from your experience. I'm looking into the options Bob mentioned with the few cabins that offer the best of both worlds on Deck 9 :)

We spent two weeks on Adventure in the southern Caribbean then 16 days on her in the Med, we had the same cabin both times, 8632 I believe. We loved the balcony even on a port intensive cruise, mind you we didn't have two little ones with us. I like having the balcony so I can escape from the rest of the passengers! We have our morning coffee out there then a nice glass of wine after our port adventures.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We spent two weeks on Adventure in the southern Caribbean then 16 days on her in the Med, we had the same cabin both times, 8632 I believe. We loved the balcony even on a port intensive cruise, mind you we didn't have two little ones with us. I like having the balcony so I can escape from the rest of the passengers! We have our morning coffee out there then a nice glass of wine after our port adventures.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Thanks for the feedback. Unwinding on the balcony with a glass of wine, looking out at the Caribbean Sea, sounds so good right now! I'm in NY... it's snowing today :-)