Summit or should we switch to a newer ship?

weebo

Thank you so much, everyone! This has been most helpful and has definitely eased my mind about the "older" ship. :)

Thanks also for being so kind and upbeat in replies; now we are getting excited to be cruising the islands in Dec on the Summit!

My first cruise was on the SS Norway back in 1982. She was very old then but just had a makeover where they added a couple of decks. Still one of my favorite cruises to date. Probably because I was 24 and still single:0 The next ship I went on was the Carnival Mardi Gras. You actually had to go to a common room to use blow dryers or shavers. (back when I still had hair). Had a blast on her. I graduated to the RCCL ships. Had a blast on all. They we switched to Princess. Had a blast on all. Did the Azamara Journey. Even though it was really small we loved it. The last few were on the Solstice & Reflection. Unreal ships. Very big but you never knew it! If you can tell I had a blast on every ship I went on. It did not matter how old it was, how inconvenient it was, how small it was. Just go on the itinerary you want and make the best of it! Have never been on the Summit but we are going on her in two weeks and can't wait. Its vacation. Have a few drinks relax and enjoy!!!

I loved the Reflection when we were on 10 night Greek Islands cruise. The second time we were on a Celebrity ship was on the Summit for a Bermuda cruise. Personally, I wasn't crazy about the Summit, but had a very nice cruise. I tend to like bigger ships (but without the slides and all that children stuff) and felt the Summit just didn't handle the crowds very well. But if the Summit had the itinerary that I want, itinerary comes first.