Dining options

LouisV

Hello:

This question may or may not have been asked already but here goes:

I am trying to book a November 28, 2016 cruise on-line and it appears that the only dining choice left is select dining which comes up automatically and also doesn't work for us. The online reservation automatically adds the surcharge/gratuity as well. Is there any way around this?

Thanks

Mo

Hello:

I am trying to book a November 28, 2016 cruise on-line and it appears that the only dining choice left is select dining which comes up automatically and also doesn't work for us. The online reservation automatically adds the surcharge/gratuity as well. Is there any way around this?

Thanks

Mo

I do not like - or trust - Celebrity's online reservations. I suggest holding the cabin you want and then calling in to the customer service number to finish the booking. They are always very helpful and can resolve any niggling issues you are experiencing.

As for Select vs. Traditional - my understanding is that all reservations default to that and you have to request wait list for traditional dining. Not sure of the likelihood of success for that - but did manage to get it for our next cruise at the end of the month.

Hello:

Thanks

Mo

I would call because they eliminated the automatic gratuities if you have Select dining.

I would call because they eliminated the automatic gratuities if you have Select dining.

Yes - and last call I made for a booking I believe the gentleman had to circumvent the default to having the gratuities added somehow. I think I checked an 'other' box or something like that. Again - another reason to call :)