Spring Transatlantic.... getting Full?

PlaneJoy

I have a question for those who might have done a transatlantic in the springtime or who may be looking at doing the Voyager trip or similar this spring.

I have called one of a couple of travel agencies I use to book travel for a transatlantic sailing. Accoarding to her, there are only 9 Cat. L inside cabins (the only inside category available) and the only outside (non-balcony) cabins are Cat. H and D1. She is quoting retail prices that I can get from RCCL or anywhere.

Do you think she is trying to get me to book or are these sailing generally VERY popular?

She also said that full payment is due Feb 26th, for a May 6th sailing. That would be ~75 days out, is that normal? I am curious how many cancellations they will have at that point. I normally book close-in, wanting to make sure that I'm choosing the right thing.

Thanks!!!!

I have checked the 2006 Jewel of the Seas transatlantic reposioning cruise. At cruise.com a couple months back it was $1500 a person for a balcony cabin but it has gone up to $1900 a person so I guess it is selling well. (this does not includ air faire ofcourse)

I have been checking it out because we want to do this cruise in spring 2008 for our 25th anniversary. that is still over 2 yrs. away but we want to book it as soon as the dates are posted for it. I see if I do that we can save several hundred dollars.

Archived