A day at Amber Cove Feb

Gamepie22

We were on P&O Azura and had a day in Amber Cove. My partner booked an ATV tour through the ship and I went off ship early with him.

When you are arriving be up on deck or on your balcony as there were 2 X whales which delayed our entrance but swam, played and breached right next to the ship, fantastic.

Back to Amber Cove, my partner went on one of the maga trucks up to the hills to the ATV start and they went up in the hills and saw the 'real' Dominican Republic he loved it.

I went to the pool area and got myself a sun bed next to the shallow pool this is approx 2ft deep you can sit in the centre and it comes up to your chest. The water goes in a circle with 2 pool areas one shallow one deeper but no more than 4ft with channels going under the bridges connecting them. You can walk or swim around.

We rented an umbrella for $8 and drinks were $5 for a non alcoholic cocktail or $2 for a can of Coke. I didn't eat but a lot of people were having burger and chips brought out to their us loungers.

I paid $12 for u limited use of the zip wire which was very enjoyable but I went early so did not have to queue. I also was lying underneath the zip wire but did not think it too loud or annoying.

The tube water slides are free but be aware the walk up is partly on gravel a stupid design but I am sure will be amended soon - we walked up together and then one of us walked back down carrying shoes and sunglasses. The open one is a little scary as I kept thinking I might go over the edge (not even close actually) but if you have any problems with your neck do not do I only did once. The closed slide is dark until you shoot out the end.

Overall I really enjoyed my day of chill out by the pool, if I came again I would,book a trip which takes me into the hills to see the real part of the country.

The shops were mostly open but not into shopping so did not go in and the walk to the pier is a nice amble or just go on the trikes.

• 3 weeks later...