Trundle Bed on the Imagination

nc350

We leave on the 20th in an oceanview cabin that has two twins made to the king (or queen), an upper pullman and then says there will be a trundle brought in for our son. He is 12 and is a small for his age kiddo....... I have two questions that I would really appreciate some help/advice on:

1. What is the extender I have seen talked about- how long is the bed without it or with it?

2. What happens to it during the day? I have seen that rooms are only serviced once a day-- do we have to jump over it all day:confused: or is it put somewhere? Same with the upper bunk-do they put it up during the day? Is the Imagination a room service once a day ship too? (YES I KNOW I can check both boxes ;))

Okay that's more than two questions lol........

We've sailed many times in triples and quads on the Fantasy class ships.

Trundle is too short for me and I'm under 5'. The extender makes it almost as long as the twin.

The trundle have always been made up and put out of the way, but it's possible that it's just going to stay off to the side.

Typically the bunk is folded up during the day.

We've discovered that there is more room if the lowers are kept apart. One under the window and the other along the wall. The trundle would be placed along the opposite wall.

Edited by SadieN

Thanks for your reply.... we will get the extension for my little one he is about 54" tall !

I appreciate the suggestion re the twin beds but this is the first "real" vacation we have taken in 14 years and my husband and I are sleeping in the same bed lol:rolleyes: SO........ we will take a bit of "confined" space inside the cabin when all the beds are out/down :D

Still curious re room service standards-- are there cards on the Imagination for preferences re am/pm?

My son had a rollaway on our recent Imagination cruise. The quality of the mattress was really subpar and thin. He could feel the metal springs of the frame through it.

If your son can fit in the trundle, it might be a more comfortable sleep if the mattress used is like the ones for the regular cabin beds.

My son had a rollaway on our recent Imagination cruise. The quality of the mattress was really subpar and thin. He could feel the metal springs of the frame through it.

If your son can fit in the trundle, it might be a more comfortable sleep if the mattress used is like the ones for the regular cabin beds.

Thank you very much for this advice. Did you have 4 in your cabin? How was th configuration?

Thank you very much for this advice. Did you have 4 in your cabin? How was th configuration?

We had an inside cabin, so the configuration will be different from yours. But basically his rollaway was placed perpendicular to my bed.

We had an inside cabin, so the configuration will be different from yours. But basically his rollaway was placed perpendicular to my bed.

FYI. OV and IS are the same on the Fantasy class. There are a few oddball cabins though.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app