Tromso Car Rental

We are leaving in June and really getting serious about figuring out our ports. In Tromso we are in port 8-5 and cathedral, cable car up the mountain. I'm into landscape photography and thinking it would be nice to drive around the city and also the outskirts. Anyways, Avis has car rental and the address is:

Strandskillet 5

Postboks 893

9008 Tromso

Our ship is coming into Prostneset port. Anybody know how far the car rental is from the port. I've checked the website but of course it's in norwegian which I'm unable to read.

Anybody else rented a car and feedback?

Linda

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Drahnreb---Thanks for the link!! I actually found the following link which might be very helpful to others:

https://www.visittromso.no/sites/tromso/files/tromso_regionkart2015_oppslag.pdf

They have listed scenic drives. I saw the one Tromso-Sommaroy-Tromso which is approximately 75 miles round trip. As I stated, we are in port from 8-5. Do you think we will have enough time for this drive plus seeing the cathedral and riding the cable car? I saw where there are reindeer and oh how I would love to see them!!!!

I'm getting excited for our trip--we leave 11 weeks from today with time in Copenhagen and Oslo before boarding our ship in Hamburg.

Thanks for your help and appreciate any more feedback you have to offer.

Linda