Advice about 3 reef snorkel by boat

Summergirl*14

I booked the Three Reef Snorkel by Boat through Royal Caribbean for our cruise in September. We have used the Fury Catamaran excursion numerous times and wanted to try something different. However, there is a very negative review about the three reef and I'm having second thoughts. Has anyone does this excursion recently who can provide more information?

Was that the only review?

What was negative? The boat? The service? The reefs? The water condition that day? How long they stayed? Or just not up to some false expectation of being pampered and floating around at leisure?

Ship sponsored snorkel excursions tend to be more crowded and thus more regimented in schedule than private vendors. There are a number of snorkel providers in Coz who do 2 and 3 reef snorkels with smaller groups and at lower costs. You might check them out. Mystic Snorkeling, Chala, Cozumel H20, and maybe some of the scuba/dive operators like Eagle Ray, Scuba Tony, Chrstina,or Pepe's. I think all have websites or at least reviews on Trip Advisor.