Allure OTS Questions

abisha

Can someone tell me what the formal nights are on Allure (western itinerary 7 nights)?

Also, would like to know opinions of Samba grill and food quality. Also, do the meats come out in any specific order. Can you choose which meat selections you'd like first, second, etc.?

For sailaway, can you go out to he helipad area at the very front? If so, how do you get there? Or, what about the deck called the sundeck?

Which shop carries typical sundries items?

Who will be cruise director for May 29th sailing?

I'm sure I'll have more questions, but that's it for now. Thanks!

Menu order and formal nights: Mojo, Saffron (Formal), Pimiento, Basil, Jasmine (Formal), Shiitake, Pomodoro

The helipad is available by invitation only.

Looks like Luke Aerowsmith with be the CD.

Edited by clarea

Menu order and formal nights: Mojo, Saffron (Formal), Pimiento, Basil, Jasmine (Formal), Shiitake, Pomodoro

The helipad is available by invitation only.

Looks like Luke Aerowsmith with be the CD.

Thanks. Too bad about helipad. How does one snag an invite and who sends the invite in particular? Do you need to be a certain status with Royal?

I have not eaten at Samba before, but traditionally at the Brazilian steakhouses I've been to... there is no specific order. There are a number of individuals who wander the dining area with a specific meat. If your coin is set one way, they'll ask if you would like a piece. If your coin is set the other way, they won't bother you.

If there is something specific you like, you can ask and they'll typically send that person over or let them know you're interested if it's not ready.

It's not a formal "meat 1, followed by meat 2, then meat 3" experience.

Thanks. Too bad about helipad. How does one snag an invite and who sends the invite in particular? Do you need to be a certain status with Royal?

The invite is usually to some sailaway from a day stop, and the invitees vary, might be suite guests and/or some specific levels of C&A.

I'm not sure there has been a definitive answer on the formal night question yet. I asked this last week and got a few different answers.

My post here

Bob (clarea) has info that seems to imply that formal nights are nights 2 and 5 while others seem to have info that puts formal nights on 2 and 6. Someone stated that they call RCI and they were told it is 2 and 6.

A Behind the Scenes Tour will gain you access to the Helo Pad (Weather Conditions Permitting). We took the Behind the Scenes Tour last week (Western), and really enjoyed it. Probably something you only do once (@ $150 a person), but it was very informative. Am glad we did it.

Can someone tell me what the formal nights are on Allure (western itinerary 7 nights)?

Also, would like to know opinions of Samba grill and food quality. Also, do the meats come out in any specific order. Can you choose which meat selections you'd like first, second, etc.?

For sailaway, can you go out to he helipad area at the very front? If so, how do you get there? Or, what about the deck called the sundeck?

Which shop carries typical sundries items?

Who will be cruise director for May 29th sailing?

I'm sure I'll have more questions, but that's it for now. Thanks!

This past week was our first Samba experience. In fact, it was our first Brazilian Steakhouse experience. Great ambiance! Great food! Do not eat too much salad. I suspect they would be very accommodating to any desired orders, etc.

IMO, the Sun Deck is the 'location' for Sail Away since you cannot get to the Helo Deck. That being said, the Solarium is not a bad location either. But, when leaving Port Everglades, if you have people watching for you on the port webcam, the Sun Deck Port side is THE location. They zoom in and focus on that location MOST departures out of Port Everglades.

When we ate at Samba, the waiter told us we had to take the meat in the order they provide. We started skipping some of the meats as we went along because it was just too much food and there were certain meats at the end that we wanted to try. They save the best for last. They are not too happy with you when you do that, but they did accommodate us. At first, they insisted on putting one slice of each meat on our plates. I was just as insistent that I would not eat it so please don't waste it on me. Our waiter was very nice when I asked for more salad. He would not let me make a second trip to the salad bar, but did bring me what I wanted. It was a unique experience and I'm glad we went, but one I don't plan to ever do again.

A Behind the Scenes Tour will gain you access to the Helo Pad (Weather Conditions Permitting). We took the Behind the Scenes Tour last week (Western), and really enjoyed it. Probably something you only do once (@ $150 a person), but it was very informative. Am glad we did it.

I actually did a behind the scenes tour on the Carnival Valor. It was terrific. We covered every nook and cranny in all departments of the ship..places no one else can go. Met with every manager and got to meet captain upon the bridge. I do recall, now, that we did go to the helipad area.

However, I could have sworn I saw people out on Royal's helipad area during sailaway on embarkation day, which is why I asked.

This past week was our first Samba experience. In fact, it was our first Brazilian Steakhouse experience. Great ambiance! Great food! Do not eat too much salad. I suspect they would be very accommodating to any desired orders, etc.

IMO, the Sun Deck is the 'location' for Sail Away since you cannot get to the Helo Deck. That being said, the Solarium is not a bad location either. But, when leaving Port Everglades, if you have people watching for you on the port webcam, the Sun Deck Port side is THE location. They zoom in and focus on that location MOST departures out of Port Everglades.

How do you gain access to the sun deck?

When we ate at Samba, the waiter told us we had to take the meat in the order they provide. We started skipping some of the meats as we went along because it was just too much food and there were certain meats at the end that we wanted to try. They save the best for last. They are not too happy with you when you do that, but they did accommodate us. At first, they insisted on putting one slice of each meat on our plates. I was just as insistent that I would not eat it so please don't waste it on me. Our waiter was very nice when I asked for more salad. He would not let me make a second trip to the salad bar, but did bring me what I wanted. It was a unique experience and I'm glad we went, but one I don't plan to ever do again.

Thanks for the info. I think my daughter might only eat the chicken. If they cannot guarantee bringing that to her, then this might not be a good idea. I, on the other hand, would enjoy all the types of meats, as would my hubby and son.

How do you gain access to the sun deck?

Deck 14, Port (Left) Side Only. Can't miss it, signs as soon as you get off the Forward Elevators.

Oops. Why did I not see Bob's reply the first time I scanned.

Edited by GEARADRIFT

I actually did a behind the scenes tour on the Carnival Valor. It was terrific. We covered every nook and cranny in all departments of the ship..places no one else can go. Met with every manager and got to meet captain upon the bridge. I do recall, now, that we did go to the helipad area.

However, I could have sworn I saw people out on Royal's helipad area during sailaway on embarkation day, which is why I asked.

The people you probably see on the helo deck during sail away off an Oasis Class (Oasis/Allure) are probably Staff/Crew. I am trying to remember which deck it is (Deck 5?), but during the Behind the Scenes Tour we did stop for refreshments at the crew smoking bar located just below/aft of the helo pad. We gained access to the helo pad from this location. From the Sun Deck/Solarium, you can see the ladder wells (stairs) and an area covered by a heavy duty tarp