booking same excursions for multiple rooms

CanuckonaBoat

my family is spread out over several cabins on the Alaska cruise. We have separate reservations so I'm not sure it's all linked.

8 of us in 4 different cabins want to do Best of Juneau and will book this when the excursion bookings open to us.

I want to make sure that we're all in the same tour group.

Is there only 1 tour group for vest of Juneau? Or are there a bunch of smaller tour groups for best of Juneau?

If there are different smaller tour groups- how do I make sure we're all in the same group?

Thanks.

Except for making sure everyone has the same tour time, it would not matter. Unless DCL does Alaska different, your tour ticket will be for 8:30am departure Best of Juneau. Not 8:30am departure group A Best of Juneau. You (and everyone else taking that tour) will go to a designated meet up room and as long as you stay together there, you will be on the same bus. If you want to give your family the slip and head off on your own, then fall behind, lol. I kid. I kid. So, the important part is making sure you are all on same excursion at same time. But, it does not matter when it was booked.

It may not matter on this tour (I don't know because I did it privately), but there are DCL sponsored excursions that have multiple departure times. These are ticketed with different meeting locations. There are lots of excursions that have one meeting time but are split into multiple transportation groups.

You do want to be sure that your entire group has the same character symbol (which you will get when you check in at the meeting place.) If the group splits up for any reason, the "red Mickeys" will stay together while the "blue Ariels" may be on another bus.