Another question for TrentS

lgt

Thanks for all your knowledge you've posted on this board. You've mentioned the Hyatt Pier 66 is undergoing major renovations. I've called them as we are staying there Nov.3 for 3 nights and we are told the pool will be finished by then(after being transferred 3 times). Do you know how the renovations are coming along? Do you think they should be done by our dates? Got this on Priceline, so can't change it & did it last summer before we knew about the renovation. Priceline does not guarantee a pool for a 4*; only for a resort. Any info would be appreciated.

lgt - We're also staying there after our Coral Princess cruise on Nov 4th and I called and got the same answer as you that it will be done. Like you we got it on Priceline last June, before we knew about the renovations. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed.

Has anyone been there recently?

I haven't been inside recently, but the exterior painting appears to be finished... The pool is suppose to be done by October 25, but the other renovations won't be. It's a pretty major ($14 million) project, they've closed the revolving rooftop lounge and are turning it into a banquet facility, and then they're completely redoing all the rooms. I don't know the date the entire project will be complete, but they said the remodeling of the piertop lounge wouldn't be complete until the end of the year, and it sounded like it would be sometime after that before the rooms would be finished.

Archived