IAH to Galveston Question

CaroleSP

Has anyone ever used Dwayne Johnson for transportation from the airport in Houston to Galveston? We will be staying at the Galvez and the person at the reservation desk suggested we call him. As she emphasized using her name, I know there is a kickback involved, but if he's reliable, I don't really care.

I'm going to price his transport and Galveston Limo. Anyone have other suggestions, I'm open.

Thanks.

Carole, we are going to rent a car through enterprise there at the airport. there is a drop in Galveston and they will take you to the ship. I have been reading alot of posts on this subject and I think (if you don't mind driving yourself) this is the most reasonable. ;)

Nice to hear from you. We're traveling together in March. I know you just dropped in about a week or so back; you should do it more often.

I read a while back the the Enterprise drop off staff often drive you right to the ship, have you heard that?

Have you done this before? Is is an easy drive? We plan on taking the Celebrity transportation back, as time will be tight and we want to make sure we are off the ship first; as much as I hate having to plow through tons of luggage to find ours. Continental cancelled our flight and put us on one 3 hours earlier; it's definitely doable, but I hate the rush.

Come on back and visit the Stars more often!! We even have your pictures on our spreadsheet..........nonoononoo.

We were a family of 7 in August travelling from IAH to Galveston for a Carnival cruise. It would have been far too expensive to get a cab, shuttle service etc and multiply it by 7 passengers. I rented a minivan at IAH from Enterprise..it cost me about $62 total with an internet coupon I used. very cheap...and they let me drop it off at Galveston. I had to drop off my 6 passengers at the cruise terminal luggage and all and drive to the Enterprise office a few miles down the road. They then gave me a ride right up to the terminal where my family was waiting....If it's just the 2 of you, then I'm sure they would let u go straight to the office with luggage (just call ahead first).

Upon returning I did the same thing. Enterprise and Hertz are the only 2 rental agencies inside the cruise terminal just before u walk out to the curb with your luggage. Checkin was a breeze, they provided a shuttle for all in your party to the car pickup lot and off we went. The drive to the airport is very easy..i believe its the 45 fwy. Easy driving.

Hope this helps.

I was actually trying to convince DH to rent; he drives all week and thought a driver would be nice. I think it would be better to have the rental for the 2 days we're in Galveston; but, I'm leaving the final decision up to him. My mother is flying in l4 hours later; if she was with us, a rental would definitely be the way to go.

Thanks for your help.

I was actually trying to convince DH to rent; he drives all week and thought a driver would be nice. I think it would be better to have the rental for the 2 days we're in Galveston; but, I'm leaving the final decision up to him. My mother is flying in l4 hours later; if she was with us, a rental would definitely be the way to go.

Thanks for your help.

Are you planning on picking up your mother? Either Houston airport and Galveston are a bit of a drive and it may be cost effective to rent a car when you arrive, check into your hotel in Galveston, pick up mother, drop off car at Galveston location.

Are you planning on picking up your mother? Either Houston airport and Galveston are a bit of a drive and it may be cost effective to rent a car when you arrive, check into your hotel in Galveston, pick up mother, drop off car at Galveston location.

DH has made it official; he does not want to drive. We will take (if I ever make the reservation) Galveston Limo from IAH to Galveston and take the Celebrity transfers on the way back. I know it is more doing a one way with each one, but I want to make sure that Celebrity gets us off the ship first. We are often the first group called, but I don't want to take any chances. As we will be the first RT on this itinerary, and we can't be sure that there won't be changes due to Wilma damage, I won't take any chances on missing my return flight at 1:10.

I thank everyone for the advice that has been posted here.

Archived