Horseshoe. Bay Beach excursion

npater

Has anyone taken the excursion to Horseshoe Bay Beach thru NCL. Was wondering where u get picked up and do they drop u off at the bottom of the hill. My husband will be walking with a cane so he would not be able to walk down or up the hill at the beach so we were thinking of doing the excursion instead of taking the bus.

Has anyone taken the excursion to Horseshoe Bay Beach thru NCL. Was wondering where u get picked up and do they drop u off at the bottom of the hill. My husband will be walking with a cane so he would not be able to walk down or up the hill at the beach so we were thinking of doing the excursion instead of taking the bus.

There are vans that will take you back up the hill for a few dollars. No need to shell out for the NCL excursion. Just bring some cash.

But what about going down the hill as we usually get there early but don't see any van at the top. My husband hurt his knee.

The van that brings you to the top has to comes back down to get more passengers. I'm sure he won't refuse your payment to drive you down.

Isnt there a shuttle from thr Dockyard that drops you off down the hill?

Yes, last year there was a shuttle that drove right to the entrance and then picked you up there as well. No need to walk up or down a hill or pay extra to get there.

My family and did the NCL Horseshoe Bay Beach excursion last year, the mini bus picks you up right outside the ship, right where the roadway is closest to the dock. It also drops you off right at the bottom of the hill. Here's a quick video I made of last year's Bermuda excursions. Enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by mustangfan

Here is a video of the NCL Breakaway 2 bedroom family villa as well as the Haven complex. At the end is the actual footage from mini bus of the ride through the dockyard to where they pick you up from the ship. Enjoy.

Here is a video of the NCL Breakaway 2 bedroom family villa as well as the Haven complex. At the end is the actual footage from mini bus of the ride through the dockyard to where they pick you up from the ship. Enjoy.

The Haven looks awesome! Hopefully someday I'll experience it first-hand!:)

Hi, my husband and I were on the breakaway last September. He had spinal fusion surgery three months before our cruise and he was using a cane on the ship. We did not book a excursion to Horseshoe Bay Beach through the ship. We exited the ship and took a shuttle right by the ship for $7.00 each that dropped us right at the bottom of the beach. When we came back we took another shuttle again $7.00 each brought us right back to the ship. He was very well taken care of on the ship. Employees were extremely accommodating.

Great video! Thanks for sharing. My family and I are staying in a 2-bedroom family Haven suite on the Breakaway in May. Can't wait to see it in-person now!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My husband also has walking difficulties.

In my opinion in is just as easy to grab a taxi. There are also plenty of taxis waiting to take people back to the ship, we have never had a problem doing it this way about $40 plus tip we paid each way.

You can also get a taxi to take you from the Dockyard to Tobacco Bay. It was about $65 dollars and we got to see the length of the island. We had Tobacco to ourselves for an hour or so until the first ferry got to St. George. There are taxis that wait at Tobacco Bay as well, and you can have them take you to St. George and then get the ferry back to the Dockyard.

The buses are great and inexpensive for people that have no mobility issues, but they are often also crowded. What we would normally spend on excursions on other islands, we spend on taxi fares in Bermuda and do our own thing. All fares listed were for 4 people, last July.