Viking Sea - Excursion TIme changes

robinhood1

It seems that this is a recurring problem...but I have just noticed that on our Viking Sea journey , from Stockholm to Bergen that several of our excursion times have been changed without any consultation with us. I have a full confirmation and were in one of the first cabins to book. Quite disgraceful if you ask me. Will we have to battle to get them changed back or is it just they are trying it on to see if they can get away with it.

We have had three excursion times changed without notice. I called and was able to get one changed back to the original time slot, no explanation for the change. Another excursion we booked had been cancelled because there was little interest in the early hour. Had to leave that one at the later hour. The third was discussed with customer service but no change was made in spite of an agreement to call me back with answers to my questions. In that third destination, the switch actually freed us up to book a paid excursion in the vacated time slot, so now we have two. We couldn't do that originally because all the excursions were at the same time when we booked them. Hope they don't change any more. The three reps I discussed all this with sounded like they didn't have a clue that all these changes were being made. We are checking every day.

You should certainly call and try to get Viking to reinstate the tour times you booked. We were successful in doing so on our Star voyage by contacting Viking at the "TellUs" email address. Then check MVJ regularly to see if they make any subsequent changes (which happened to us).

When you get on-board, check the excursion tickets which will be waiting in your cabin. We found even more unexpected changes, which required visits to the Explorers Desk to get reversed. It's useful to have a hard-copy printout of the excursion times that you initially reserved.

On our Star voyage, the tour tickets did not have the tour time printed on them, just a code (A, B, C, etc). The actual times were published in the Daily bulletin the night before. So you may not know the time slot you've been assigned to until you return from dinner, unless you contact the Explorers Desk earlier. They may know, but sometimes they don't until the day prior.