Salmon bake in Ketchikan?

BigB0882

On our Alaskan cruise we are missing only one thing, a Salmon bake! I am looking on Celebrity's excursions and the only place to do this seems to be with Taku Lodge but we are already booked solid for Juneau and we plan on doing that next year, anyway. I also found a salmon bake in Skagway but we are doing the White Pass train ride on that stop.

The one port stop we have no plans for is Ketchikan but all I see on Celebrity are some crab feasts. Is there any recommended Salmon bakes in Ketchikan? I realize it may need to be booked independently since I don't see it on Celebrity's website but that is ok. It is something the in-laws really want to do and I don't want them to miss out on it while we are there.

I just find this absolutely baffling because Ketchikan is known as the Salmon Capital of the World. How could someone not take advantage of this and offer such an excursion? I did a google search and had no luck so I don't have high hopes. Hoping someone may know of something that is not heavily advertised. If not, I don't know where we will get the in-laws some salmon. Maybe we will have enough time in Skagway if we take the early train...or they may have to choose between the train and the salmon.

How much time do you have in Skagway, and when?

This is the salmon bake (Liarsville) that I found there. You likely found it as well. http://bestofalaskatravel.com/alaska_day_tours/pages/liarsville_salmon_bake.htm

I found no mention of a salmon bake in Ketchikan. We're doing the Duck tour and a Misty Fjord flightseeing trip there.

We're going too early in the season (mid-May) for fresh salmon and I'm not paying $50 a person for frozen salmon from last year. I can get that on the cruise ship for free (OK, not free, but included in the cruise fare price).

Edited by flatlander321