Questions about the pride

Jobugmom

We will be sailing on the Pride Dec 4th. I was wondering if anyone has any recent menus for the mdr?..Also, was thing about fttf. I really would only use it for boarding the ship earlier (because I will be traveling with our 5yr ). So the less waiting at the terminal the better. Do you really get on board alot faster with th fttf?. Thanks in advance

We will be sailing on the Pride Dec 4th. I was wondering if anyone has any recent menus for the mdr?..Also, was thing about fttf. I really would only use it for boarding the ship earlier (because I will be traveling with our 5yr ). So the less waiting at the terminal the better. Do you really get on board alot faster with th fttf?. Thanks in advance

Only part of the attraction is boarding sooner. The first real benefit you get is not having to wait in line to check in since you can go to the priority line. Also, if your itinerary includes a tender port (like Half Moon Cay), you get priority boarding for that as well.

Thanks for your help. . I wouldn't need it only to board sooner and to have room ready for reason said.. we aren't going to half moon ... our ports are port canaveral..nassau..and freeport...with fttf ,do you know the earliest you can board?

Thanks for your help. . I wouldn't need it only to board sooner and to have room ready for reason said.. we aren't going to half moon ... our ports are port canaveral..nassau..and freeport...with fttf ,do you know the earliest you can board?

It really varies from cruise to cruise. I've gotten on just after 11 and another time, nearly 1 pm.

We have sailed on the Pride several times with FTTF. You cannot get on until everyone is off. Usually the Pride gets in about 9:00 and the earliest we have been on is about 12:00.

Cabins are ready for those with fttf even if the hall doors are closed. Just drop off any carry ons. Our luggage usually has been there also.

I like getting FTTF even if there are no tender ports. It's nice to have a shorter line to check-in, getting on early, cabin early, luggage early, special line at guest services, and early debarkation. I have to make it home for an event the day we disembark so I am glad I snagged it for my upcoming cruise.

Love the Pride! :)

There are menus floating around somewhere. I am cruising on May 29, I will try to take pics and share when I return.

:D Barb

If you're just using it to board, you could always wait to arrive at the terminal until around 1. By then the crowds would have thinned out and the cabins will be ready.

Sailed Pride w 3 yr old DD without FTTF. Got to terminal at 12:30-12:45 was on board within an hour. While the que was long it wasn't awful, and it kept moving. After we were through security we were given a number and send to a lounge to wait. We were there long enough to take off our jackets and redistribute luggage and our numbers were called, so we joined the Long Line. If you were worried about your 5 yr old you could split up, send 1 adult to the line and have kiddo stay with the other in the lounge. Eventually you'd all need to get back together, but it would save your kid a bit of time in the line.

Anyways you know your family best, you know how they deal with lines. For us, we got along fine and saved the money.

ps. our room was ready by the time we got on board even without FTTF.

• 3 months later...

We sailed with FTTF with my 5 year old last month and I'm glad we got it. We're within driving distance, so could get the port whenever we wanted. I see it as the 1st day of vacation, so why not try to get on board as early as possible? Now with the staggered check in times though I know the 11:00 check in people we're far behind us. We were onboard by 12:00...they were probably on board by 12:30. The big sell for me was dropping off carry on (soda, wine, bathing suits, etc.) It sure was easier to get lunch and explore the ship with a 5 year old without lugging that stuff around. I never heard an announcement when rooms were ready, but I did see a lot of people sitting on Lido deck waiting with luggage. It was nice to be just carrying our Sign and Sail card!!

When we traveled with my elderly mom, the FTTF was worth it just so she didn't have to stand in line to check in (the FTTF line was empty), and was able to go straight to the cabin to drop off her bags. She started the cruise in a good mood and all was well from there.