Spa Services Breeze- hair do quality

breezyv

Hello everyone!

I've been reading the Breeze boards for a while and cannot seem to find an answer to my question so here it goes:

A little background:

We will be cruising out of Galveston on the Breeze June 5. It will be our first vacation "just the two of us" since our baby was born (he's 14 months old) so we're really looking forward to relaxing and enjoying each other again. We never had a honey moon and are celebrating our 3rd anniversary, so its a big & exciting trip for us! Also our first cruise. I've done a TON of research but cannot seem to find an answer to my question so here it goes!

I'm considering getting my hair done for the formal evening. Hubby and I have reservations at the Steak House and I've bought a SEXY dress (do you remember the first time you felt sexy after the baby?). Question is: would I be better off doing my own hair (I'm decent at getting a good curl hair style but of course he's seen that before) or does the salon do a good job with the up-dos? I'm really picky about my hair, does the stylist take a good amount of time with you discussing what you want? I have shoulder length hair so it won't be too intricate. Looking for someone who has been styled on the Breeze mostly. Is the price worth it or should I just spend the hour on my hair by myself?

I have only had my hair done one time and that was NCL. I TRULY think that you would be better off doing it yourself! Spend the money on a good massage or something! LOL!

BTW...we are on the same sailing! Are you a a part of our Book of Faces page?

Dawn

I also had my hair done not on the Breeze but a Princes cruise. It was AWFUL!! But I don't think I would chance it again. Hopefully someone here has had their hair done and could respond. We went on the Breeze and loved it! So much fun stuff to do and beautiful ship. Have fun!!!!

I have only had my hair done one time and that was NCL. I TRULY think that you would be better off doing it yourself! Spend the money on a good massage or something! LOL!

Dawn

Do it yourself. First off you might not like it, and they will be booked solid that day, so they won't have time to change much without upsetting others who are waiting. You might not be able to get an appointment if it's the first formal night. I tried once and couldn't get an appointment till the second formal night.

Dawn

I'm so excited to finally find someone who is on our cruise! Our roll call is kinda dead. No, I'm not on that page, can you send me the link or tell me how to find it?

We were on Liberty, and cruise companion had her long hair curled--looked very spiral curly prom like from the 80's, and curls fell really fast--stylist did not take time to use product to hold hair style before drying just hair spray which is old school for hold it is about the blowout and products put on hair not "freeze n' shine from the 90's. She was disappointed. They rush way too much and have limited time.

Twenty years ago I tried an updo--looked like a B52's wanna be, went to cabin and redid hair myself.

So my vote is no --besides your spouse will be too busy looking below your neck anyhow.