Aft balcony, weird question

mspink98

We’re booked in 9690 on Mariner, and DH came up with a question last night. On some ships we’ve been on, swinging doors have a very high threshold underneath, more like a little ledge of 1-2”. I know that this room has a swinging door onto the balcony, but is the threshold like one you’d find at your front entrance door to your house, or is it the little ledge? He’s wondering if we’re going to have to be careful to step up to get outside in order to avoid stubbing toes.

Just two weeks ago we had cabin 9690 on Voyager, sister ship. I don't recall any ledge or anthing we had to step over to get onto the balcony. In our 9 day cruise neither of us ever hit our foot/toes going in and out. You'll love the balcony and views. Enjoy!

Only a few aft corner rooms have swing doors, to the best of my knowledge. The rest have sliders. We really went back and forth (OK, I did, DH was sure we should stick with it) about keeping the room we have because of the swing door. I know it sounds crazy, but it just looks weird to me. Many people on here advised me to stay put, that we have a great room, so that’s what we’re doing.

We had that room on Adventire back in March and loved it. One thing that is nice about thr corner is you have all the benefits of an aft and if you peek around the corner of the balcony you see all the way down the side of the ship.

We had that room on Adventire back in March and loved it. One thing that is nice about thr corner is you have all the benefits of an aft and if you peek around the corner of the balcony you see all the way down the side of the ship.

Next saturday I will be sleeping in 9690 on the Navigator so sweet:D

Archived