Voyager of the Seas 11/26/05

jdvoyager

• 3 weeks later...
Any family on this sailing?

Hi!

We are Tom (53) & Phillip(turns 39 during the cruise) from Irving, Texas and we are on the Voyager on 11/26 with you. We are regular cruisers, ususally on Celebrity but trying RCCL for a change.

We were supposed to be on the Celebrity Century on the same date but had to switch when a friend bagged out on us and the cost of a suite was too prohibitive. We ended up in a larger suite for about $1000 a piece less.

We are very excited about the cruise - we have toured Explorer and were just blown away by the ship.

Drop us a reply when you get a chance. It's good to know in advance that there will be family since it's such a large ship.

See you soon.

Tom & Phillip

Glad to hear you'll be on Voyager with me! I'm 35 from Ohio. This will be my sixth cruise, third time on a Voyager class ship, first time in an aft facing cabin which I can't wait to see! I'm sure you'll love the ship - there's so much to do & see onboard. I'll be travelling solo & would love to meet up w/you so drop me an email & I'll give you more details (cabin #, etc.) Thanks for replying & looking forward to 11/26! :cool:

JD

JD;

Glad to hear back from you. We have never cruised where we have not met other family members. Our last cruise we met a plastic surgeon travelling with his 13 year old daughter.

We are in Cabin 9264 - a junior suite which is the largest cabin we've travelled in so far.

We're not that excited about the itinerary - we're more excited about the ship. We've been to St Thomas several times and San Juan once - haven't been to Nassau in many years and never been to Labadee.

Our favorite Caribbean islands are St Lucia, Curacao and St. Martin (for the nude beach.)

Are you on early or late dinner? We're on late.

My personal e-mail is Tvereecke@archer-vereecke.com.

Drop a note when you get a chance.

Talk to you soon.

Tom

Hey Tom -

I agree with you about the itinerary but for me anymore the ship is the destination - especially the Voyager class. I've also sailed on the Golden Princess & Celebrity Summit which are beautiful ships. Like you I've been to St.Thomas several times (which I like) & I was in San Juan & Nassau on my last cruise on Navigator last March. Personally I don't care for either place. Haven't been to Labadee yet but from what I gather it's a nice beach day. I also like St. Maarten, St. Lucia & Aruba. Coming from Ohio, though, anywhere in the Caribbean is nice this time of year ! I'm on the late seating as well. I'll drop you an email when I have a little more time (supposed to be working right now ;)).

Talk to you soon -

JD

JD:

Sounds like we have a lot in common. We have reached the point where the ship is more important than the itinerary. We LOVE days at sea - our last cruise on Celebrity's Galaxy had 5 (11 night cruise) and we were in heaven.

We sailed on Celebrity's Summit and it is probably our favorite ship. we sailed on it 2 months after its maiden voyage, so that was pretty special.

I've heard there's a gay beach on St. Thomas -Little Magens? Know anything about it?

I'm also at work now so must get going.

Talk to you soon.

Tom

Hey guys there will be 4 of us joining y'all from Tampa. We will try and request a FOD meeting as soon as we board, so we can all meet up. Keep an eye out for it in the daily schedule. Please help us by also requesting the FOD meeting from the cruise director...

I think we are going to be on the 10th floor, and booked for early dining.

Ciao.

We all 4 are very excited about getting on the boat. I hope there are a lot of "family" members on board. We went on a 3 day Carnival cruise to nowhere this past spring and we had 200-300 local "family" members on board. That was an absolute blast. Im sure we will find some more to hang with.

See ya soon.

Dear Family!

I was perusing through the Internet this afternoon @ work and thought I'd GOOGLE FOD meetings on Sea....and I came right to a website that had the date of the cruise. With curiosity and excitement, I was so happy to read and learn that there are other family members attending this cruise as well.

My partner JP and I have been together for 9 years...we sailed on Voyger back in 2001 with my "genetic" family...this year we're taking his parents on a crusie for thier 40th Wedding Anniversary.

We're looking forwrad to 7 days of relaxation...not too much in the area of excursions though. So I think we're going to shop in St. Thomas. JP isn't much of the Water enthusiast.:) In fact it scares him to death...It was an act of bravado when he swam with the Sting Rays in Grande Cayman.

We're also planning on taking a SPA day, with JP being a Bio Chemist and Myself being in the Catering/Event Industry....this HOLIDAY is way overdue.

Anyway...We're looking forward to a wonderful vacation, and who knows, maybe we'll make great friends to share more adventures with on future holidays.

Best,

Jeff

Dear Family!

I was perusing through the Internet this afternoon @ work and thought I'd GOOGLE FOD meetings on Sea....and I came right to a website that had the date of the cruise. With curiosity and excitement, I was so happy to read and learn that there are other family members attending this cruise as well.

My partner JP and I have been together for 9 years...we sailed on Voyger back in 2001 with my "genetic" family...this year we're taking his parents on a crusie for thier 40th Wedding Anniversary.

We're looking forwrad to 7 days of relaxation...not too much in the area of excursions though. So I think we're going to shop in St. Thomas. JP isn't much of the Water enthusiast.:) In fact it scares him to death...It was an act of bravado when he swam with the Sting Rays in Grande Cayman.

We're also planning on taking a SPA day, with JP being a Bio Chemist and Myself being in the Catering/Event Industry....this HOLIDAY is way overdue.

Anyway...We're looking forward to a wonderful vacation, and who knows, maybe we'll make great friends to share more adventures with on future holidays.

Best,

Jeff

Dear Family!

Best,

Jeff

Jeff:

I alredy responded to you from my home e-mail, but i just saw that you are from the Worcester/Boston area. My oldest brother went to Holy Cross and married a girl from Leicester.

Another brother of mine is a priest at St. Ignatius Church in Chesnut Hill and I worked in Boston in the 70's. We were all up there recently for my Mom's 90th birthday.

Looking forward to meeting all of you in just a few days. If RCCL doesn't schedule us a FOD party.... hell, we'll just throw one of our own!

JD: FYI - got the dinner situation taken care of.

Tom

Oh my, the turkey was good today but now we are ready to start packing for the cruise. If I could only loose the 5 pounds I just ate before we get on the ship. Well we Tampaboys are ready. Hope to have a great week away and relax with some sun fun and a few drinks.

See Ya.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey there guys - how was the Voyager? Did you do the western Caribbean? I've posted on this board for any 'family' on the January 14th sailing - but no replies as of yet.

Any suggestions or tips for the Voyager? (I was on the sister ship Navigator earlier this year and loved it).

Archived