Elysian or Secret Harbor - HELP!

gandh621

Hi everyone,

I think we narrowed down our choices to the 2 beaches listed in the title.

I have questions!! lol

Which one has better snorkeling???

Which one has the better facilities (meaning chair/umbrella/water toy rentals and food/drink spot???

Which is the prettier beach - I know they are both near each other so are they pretty much the same?

Thanks for any help!

Holly :D

Have not snorkeled Elysian, but would give the nod to Secret Harbor for your other two questions knowing the snorkeling is decent there. SH is better equipped to cater to day visitors...

Very cool!! ok thank you so much Blue Water :D

I guess now my questions are:

Do they offer a day pass?

Or is it pay as you go for things.

Do you know how much they charge for lounge chairs/umbrellas/etc?

I saw you posted the link to the dive center a few days ago which answered my questions about jet skis and those types of things, but no mention of the chairs....etc.

Also - are we as day guests allowed to use their restaurant and bar area? (or eat down at the beach from there)?

Thanks again!

Holly

I hope both the Elysian and Secret Harbour told you that there are no jet skis at either. They are part of a marine sanctuary. Yes, you may eat at the restaurants at both, in fact they are owned by the same restaurant group and have similar menus. The beach at the Elysian is larger and there is snorkeling off by the rocks to the left as you are on the shore. There is a restaurant/bar on the beach and a separate beach bar. You will probably find the Elysian less crowded. There is no day pass for either. You are allowed access to the beach, but as they are condo associations, you are not allowed in the pools, nor are you allowed to use the beach chairs that are reserved for owners and guests. The dive shop at Secret Harbour was permitted to rent a number of chairs, but I think they may have exceeded the number.

I hope both the Elysian and Secret Harbour told you that there are no jet skis at either. They are part of a marine sanctuary. Yes, you may eat at the restaurants at both, in fact they are owned by the same restaurant group and have similar menus. The beach at the Elysian is larger and there is snorkeling off by the rocks to the left as you are on the shore. There is a restaurant/bar on the beach and a separate beach bar. You will probably find the Elysian less crowded. There is no day pass for either. You are allowed access to the beach, but as they are condo associations, you are not allowed in the pools, nor are you allowed to use the beach chairs that are reserved for owners and guests. The dive shop at Secret Harbour was permitted to rent a number of chairs, but I think they may have exceeded the number.

Thank you! Yes, I did know that there are no jet skis. I did not mean to type that in my original message. :p

Anyway, I appreciate the information. it sounds like they both are beautiful.

Holly

Grandh621, after looking at your port times (11 - 7) and what other ships are in port with you I would suggest you reserve your lounges and umbrellas ahead of time if going to SH. The 2 other ships leave at 3:30 and 4 so it will be quieter at any beach after 2:30. But just a thought as SH does get busy and they have a limited qty of lounges and space for day visitors. We would choose Sapphire if arriving later in the day, but you should be fine at SH as long as you reserve ahead.

Enjoy your cruise!

• 1 month later...

:eek:

The last time we were in St. Thomas we did a 3 beach snorkel tour stopping at Secret Harbor, Hull Bay and Sapphire Beach. I loved the tour and thought the snorkeling at Secret Harbor was great!

Taylor95 who did you book your 3 snorkel stop though? Thanks!