Escape - Must have/do

cricket722

Hi Everyone,

Thank you all for sharing your favorites. I am still a little over a week from before I finally get to board the Escape so please keep sharing your favorites.

Any advice beside beach for St. Thomas and Tortola?

Thank you for your time.

Just got off Escape.. Did Virgin Gorda Salt baths in Tortola.. Snorkeling was awesome and the baths were pretty amazing. Escape is awesome have a great time...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

For fun- Don't miss the Aqua Racer! You can google Escape's Aqua Racer to see a great video someone took.

For food- Don't miss Food Republic! Wonderful small plate dishes for a decent price. You can pick three or four to share, then order more. We didn't discover this until late in the cruise, but then ate lunch there again the next (and last) day.

Have a wonderful cruise:D

Does anyone know the height requirement for the aqua racer for the double tube? I want to take my 4 year old but I am thinking he might be too small, and too young.

We loved the Escape! Whatever you do make sure you dont pass up Pinchos! My husband and I are foodies and we were seriously impressed by this place. Most people just kept walking by and we were left scratching our heads. The mojioto bar next to Pinchos is amazing as well. Our favorite drinks on board were the mojitos (The guy at this bar makes the best ones I've ever had) and mudslides (made w/ Voli).

Best dinner was Le Bistro. We also ate at Food Republic, the buffet, the main dining rooms, O'Sheehans, and Moderno. Pinchos and Le Bistro are top notch on this ship. Moderno and O'Sheehans left a lot to be desired. The buffet is pretty meh unless you're not so picky. They did have extra offerings during non meal hours, like late night or between lunch and dinner. Those options were always wonderful.

Best place to hang out would be the waterfront. Sitting on the waterfront on a comfy couch, sipping wine, while sailing away from Tortola is definitely a highlight. The views are priceless. The wine bar is tied for 1st since we'd always go there first. The atrium was also really fun because there was always something going on. The bar there is also very impressive.

Shows: The shows are hit or miss. Million Dollar Quartet was amazing, very well thought out and great actors. After Midnight was a raunchy mess, total waste of time; we walked out as did most people with children. The comedy shows, Headliners Club, was really fun. We watched the dueling pianos and drank mudslides; win win.

The pools were small. The hot tubs were always too crowded. I found that the only time we could enjoy the pool was during dinner hours when everyone left. The kids pool was usually pretty empty. The water slides were good. The big blue one was lots of fun. The enclosed one with the big drop (whatever it's called) was horrible. My husband did it, said it felt like being flushed down a drain. He had issues not being able to breath from too much water in his face. Scary. Spice H2O was usually filled with smokers and older people, so unless you fit in you might want to

A highlight of ours was The Manhattan Room. They play live music most (if not all) nights. You can request a table on the dance floor. This was a really romantic dinner, very memorable.

Does anyone know the height requirement for the aqua racer for the double tube? I want to take my 4 year old but I am thinking he might be too small, and too young.

48" and must be 100lbs. Otherwise they don't make it up the hill..

We loved the Escape! Whatever you do make sure you dont pass up Pinchos! My husband and I are foodies and we were seriously impressed by this place. Most people just kept walking by and we were left scratching our heads. The mojioto bar next to Pinchos is amazing as well. Our favorite drinks on board were the mojitos (The guy at this bar makes the best ones I've ever had) and mudslides (made w/ Voli).

Best dinner was Le Bistro. We also ate at Food Republic, the buffet, the main dining rooms, O'Sheehans, and Moderno. Pinchos and Le Bistro are top notch on this ship. Moderno and O'Sheehans left a lot to be desired. The buffet is pretty meh unless you're not so picky. They did have extra offerings during non meal hours, like late night or between lunch and dinner. Those options were always wonderful.

Best place to hang out would be the waterfront. Sitting on the waterfront on a comfy couch, sipping wine, while sailing away from Tortola is definitely a highlight. The views are priceless. The wine bar is tied for 1st since we'd always go there first. The atrium was also really fun because there was always something going on. The bar there is also very impressive.

Shows: The shows are hit or miss. Million Dollar Quartet was amazing, very well thought out and great actors. After Midnight was a raunchy mess, total waste of time; we walked out as did most people with children. The comedy shows, Headliners Club, was really fun. We watched the dueling pianos and drank mudslides; win win.

The pools were small. The hot tubs were always too crowded. I found that the only time we could enjoy the pool was during dinner hours when everyone left. The kids pool was usually pretty empty. The water slides were good. The big blue one was lots of fun. The enclosed one with the big drop (whatever it's called) was horrible. My husband did it, said it felt like being flushed down a drain. He had issues not being able to breath from too much water in his face. Scary. Spice H2O was usually filled with smokers and older people, so unless you fit in you might want to

A highlight of ours was The Manhattan Room. They play live music most (if not all) nights. You can request a table on the dance floor. This was a really romantic dinner, very memorable.

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. Sounds like we enjoy some of the same things so I will need to remember what you liked so I can try them out too. One more week!!!! This time next week I will finally be on this beautiful ship sipping away on Mojitos as we say goodbye to Miami and hello to the Caribbean. :)

48" and must be 100lbs. Otherwise they don't make it up the hill..

The question was about the Aqua Racer. Your answer pertains to the drop slides.