First Time in Palma de Mallorca - Tour Advice

I will be in Palma de Mallorca on my 10th wedding anniversary (RC Jewel of the Seas 9/4/16)! I'd like to be able to have time to see both the Bellver Castle and Valldemosa. I've seen from cruise reviews here on CruiseCritic that people have been able to take private tours to see these sights. Is there a particular tour company that does this? Or do I take a tour out to Valldemosa and then catch a cab to Bellver Castle once in town? What's the best way to see Palma de Mallorca as a first-timer? Thanks!

We've been to Mallorca twice and used the same guide both times. Miguel Corral was brilliant. The first time we just did a local tour of the city. We were on an active roll call board and I actually got 2 busloads of my fellow cruisers to come with me. They all loved the tour which included Believer Castle (which is just a drive by, it's not worth it to go in as there isn't much to see), the cathedral (which is magnificent), the bull ring and a pearl factory stop.

The second time I looked at the excursions that Royal had to offer and I asked Miguel to combine 2 of them. We went to the cathedral, Believer Castle and then headed to Valdemossa where we went to Michael Douglas' Casa Norde and had a wonderful buffet. Some people chose to go to the monastery also. Then we boarded the bus and went to a winery (Macie Batle) This time I limited it to one busload which worked out better. This is the excursion that I would recommend.

If you decide to use Miguel, tell him that Joan Sabino says "hello". I would recommend him in a heartbeat. You can google him or look him up on Trip Advisor.