Charleston Port Process

sadiecat

You go in through a gate that is north of the actual terminal. There will usually be a cop there checking boarding passes to get in. Drive up a bit through a somewhat snaking line in a parking lot until you get to a spot where the path forks and taxi/drop-off goes one direction and parking goes the other. Parking is in the garage across the street. I was dropped of when I went so couldn't tell you the specifics for the garage. From there you go to the Porter and drop off you checked bags. At this point you get to the unique part. Charleston cruise terminal is at the end of a pier, however this pier is considered a secure location, so until you have been through security (which is in the building at the end of said pier) you are not allowed to walk on the pier. So they put you on a bus. Which takes you the 100 yards from the porter to the building. From that point it is business as usual.

I'm sure they have something for ADA compliance, but not something I needed and I was one of the last on board so don't remember seeing any in wheelchairs (terminal was pretty much cleared out by the time I got there)

I am in a wheelchair do you happen to know if there is a special boarding process for handicapped?

Sadiecat, I would call the port ahead of time & get specifics on their process. I've had to call for another reason & they were very helpful!