Celebrity Solstice 2017 June Alaska Excursions already selling out?

duchesslt

I didn't realize Celebrity Solstice shore excursions start selling a year in advance which is killing my wallet and budgeting plan.

For June 2017:

I booked Tracy Arm Fjord catamaran for 7 passengers - it was already down to 80 of 150 passengers!

I booked Skagway train and glacier lake kayak for 5 - it was down to or only had 12 spots!

Holy unexpected $2500 I just dished out.

Does anyone know of other Ketchikan or Juneau tours that sell out early?

I am really skeptical of Celebrity saying these excursions are this full or sold out already but I didn't want to risk the 2 big excursions with limited availability.

Thanks!

I agree but they are holding all the cards. Don't book and run the risk of losing the tour.

But holding $2500 of your money for a year is absurd.

Have you considered saving some dough and booking private excursions, especially when you already have "groups" of 5 and 7? We only book ship excursions when they are absolutely the only choices available, which sure isn't the case in Alaska.

Edited by ECCruise

Yes. I am going to do the Juneau helicopter and dog sled from coastal helicopters since it is 510 vs celebrity 615 per person. I asked celebrity about price matching for 5 to 7 on that one and they said no. It's worth saving 700 and paying next year to not go with celebrity.

For Ketchikan I am leaving that unplanned until next year - if celebrity doesn't have anything left - I will schedule something in port I hope!