What time flight out of Galveston?

I have booked on the Carnival Breeze for Jan 1 - 8 2017 and booked flexible flights at that time.

The ship is due back at 8am and currently our flight is due to depart IAH at 1:52pm with a town car picking us up at 930am. I am thinking of changing our flight to leave IAH at 12:35pm.

My question is, is a 9:30am pickup reasonable if we are doing self debarking as soon as the ship ports? We will have to go through customs etc as we are from Canada but I myself are a UK citizen thats a permanent resident in Canada.

Will we have enough time from Docking to pickup time with town car? Should we push for 10am instead of 9:30am and if we push for 10am will a 12:35 departure be alright? What is the best time frame for flight waiting 1hr?...so be at airport by 11:30??

Keep the later flight - you may be able to make the earlier flight, but maybe not...Galveston can be tricky. Layer that on top of the TSA issues... And you are better off getting there early than missing a flight.

JD

Keep the later flight - you may be able to make the earlier flight, but maybe not...Galveston can be tricky. Layer that on top of the TSA issues... And you are better off getting there early than missing a flight.

JD

Thankyou for your input. I think I will agree with you and keep my original flight time unless I can eventually book UA on my own for slightly later time as currently booked flight through Carnival themselves since flexible fare and they are AC in and DL out. If I look on UA web I can get first class roundtrip for $1000CAD more for the 3 of us compared to what Carnival offered privately for UA first class (they wanted almost triple the total cost I can get directly with UA).