deep sea fishing recommendations

debbiecape

We are booked on the Jewel for a back to back in January- Western and Eastern Caribbean. Looking for recommendations for a deep sea fishing trip on either Roatan, San Juan, Antigua, Cayman Islands or Miami as we have other tours already set up on St Thomas and Jamaica.Which port is the best? Thanks in advance!

• 1 month later...

Don't know if you still need this information, but there is a great website http://www.worldwidefishing.com they list a lot of information for us fisherman or fisherwomen. In Puerto Rico we have used a fabulous company Caribbean Outfitters at http://www.fishinginpuertorico.com Contact Capt Omar he is the best. We had a wonderful time last year in May when we were on the Legend. We did Lagoon fishing for tarpon and snook. Very successful and he is a very good Capt and Guide

Polly

John cross your fingers because the lagoon fishing is a adventure if you have never done it. You will need to take a cab to his dock- If you print the map off his web-site and hand it to a taxi driver they will take you right there. We told the same driver to come back and pick us up and she did. If not Capt Omar will call one for you. I am looking at the picture in my living room of my husband and his friend Mike as I type this with their catch's. My husband fishes in every port and every state we visit. I didn't go with them this last time because we were in a big group and he only had room for four so us gals just hung out for the day. Well worth the money and a nice ride back to the lagoon.

Happy Fishing

Polly

John cross your fingers because the lagoon fishing is a adventure if you have never done it. You will need to take a cab to his dock- If you print the map off his web-site and hand it to a taxi driver they will take you right there. We told the same driver to come back and pick us up and she did. If not Capt Omar will call one for you. I am looking at the picture in my living room of my husband and his friend Mike as I type this with their catch's. My husband fishes in every port and every state we visit. I didn't go with them this last time because we were in a big group and he only had room for four so us gals just hung out for the day. Well worth the money and a nice ride back to the lagoon.

Happy Fishing

Polly

• 3 weeks later...

It depends on how many you have. Capt Omar has several boats. For two guys 250.00 I think- but that might have been with the tip. I can't remember can you believe we have gone twice already and niether my husband or I can remember. LOL We are going again in April but I didn't even ask him if he had a increase because it wouldn't matter to us we really enjoyed this trip. He also has deep sea excursions- ck out his website. FYI I have a private excursion booked in Grand Cayman for June reef fishing and that one is 400.00 for 4 hours so his price is very reasonable. My husband was still recovering from open heart surgery last May when he went with 3 other guys they rented 2 boats. Capt Omar was so worried about him when he hooked into a 25 lb tarpon he needed a little help in the end but Capt Omar was right there. We got some great pix's Good Luck

• 3 years later...

Folks just be aware of what the refund policies are for these different vendors. I was looking at booking a private charter in January but decided that I should check on the policy for if the ship doesnt port in Puerto Rico for some reason, we all know that can happen, and Omar informed me that even if the ship doesnt port I would still be charged the full amount. Looking at their website for current prices now it would be over 550.00 for half a day, up to 6 people. :(

This is the first time that I have ever had that be the situation. I have fished at other ports and the policy was that if the boat doesn't dock then they wouldn't charge you.

Bottom line, make sure you know the policy before you book these excursions, it could be a very costly oversight if you dont.

Archived