Hooded microfleece jacket for Alaska?

Good choice! I've had a Denali jacket for years. It could be used as part of a shell system from probably back in the early 2000s. That should give you an idea of how good The North Face stuff is.

Thanks! I'm feeling kind of guilty about spending that much money on one piece of clothing. Good to know it's "quality". Now, to find an inexpensive lightweight hoodie for just hanging out. :-)

If you don't think you'll wear a fleece jacket that much check a thrift store in your area. You can usually find good name brands at a good price and then you don't have to feel guilty if you don't wear it very often. When I went on an Alaska cruise last May, I took a long sleeved fleece shirt, hooded zipper sweatshirt and a pullover raincoat so I could layer. Plenty warm enough even when outside on the balcony going around the glacier. Don't forget gloves and a warm hat. Have a great cruise next year.

If you don't think you'll wear a fleece jacket that much check a thrift store in your area. You can usually find good name brands at a good price and then you don't have to feel guilty if you don't wear it very often. When I went on an Alaska cruise last May, I took a long sleeved fleece shirt, hooded zipper sweatshirt and a pullover raincoat so I could layer. Plenty warm enough even when outside on the balcony going around the glacier. Don't forget gloves and a warm hat. Have a great cruise next year.

Thanks!! Good suggestions.

Another vote for Sierra Trading Post. They have all of the top brands & easy returns

For our Alaska cruises, the Gore-Tex (which are lightweight, wind & waterproof) jackets with a hood were perfect. I think you would get a lot of additional wear out of it in the PNW, makes much more sense than fleece for rainy weather. It's easy to layer under it, and they take up very little packing space. (However, I got them at Eddie Bauer in the mid 90s, and don't think they sell Gore-Tex anymore). I would check Sierra Trading Post as mentioned for Gore-Tex, and also the Marmot jackets.