Sunshine category 1A Cabin 1606 Pics?

Chikita

Has anyone stayed in this cabin?

Is it comfortable for 2 adults and is there a pullout sofa?

I checked all over the Internet and couldn't find any pictures.

Thanks,Evy

Edited by Chikita
Wanted to insert an image but was not allowed?

I haven't stayed in that one, but this is a basic upper/lower room. There is no sofa at all in the room. Just fyi, the only "pullout" sofas on Carnival ships are typically in some of the suites & maybe the scenic OVs. Most of Carnival's sofas that are used as beds are not pullouts; the seat of the sofa is the bed.

For room 1606, the 2nd person will be in an upper bunk. As long as one of you can handle that climb, you'll be fine in the room. Oddly enough, this room is basically the exact same size as a standard interior that has 2 beds on the floor. This means that you will have more floor space than a standard interior, since there is only 1 bed on the floor.

On Elation, I had a sideways upper/lower (just like 1606), but I didn't take pics. The bed was to the right as I entered the room, and the unused upper bunk was up against the wall. The bathroom was to the left as I entered the room. Not a ton of space, but enough for 1 or 2 people.

I haven't stayed in that one, but this is a basic upper/lower room. There is no sofa at all in the room. Just fyi, the only "pullout" sofas on Carnival ships are typically in some of the suites & maybe the scenic OVs. Most of Carnival's sofas that are used as beds are not pullouts; the seat of the sofa is the bed.

For room 1606, the 2nd person will be in an upper bunk. As long as one of you can handle that climb, you'll be fine in the room. Oddly enough, this room is basically the exact same size as a standard interior that has 2 beds on the floor. This means that you will have more floor space than a standard interior, since there is only 1 bed on the floor.

On Elation, I had a sideways upper/lower (just like 1606), but I didn't take pics. The bed was to the right as I entered the room, and the unused upper bunk was up against the wall. The bathroom was to the left as I entered the room. Not a ton of space, but enough for 1 or 2 people.

According to a picture, 1606 is a sideways, twin bed on far right corner and a bedstand next to it. Bunk comes off wall or ceiling. It's just around the corner from elevators.

RuthlessBoss and k2excursion:)

Thank you both for responding. Im traveling w/ 22 yr old grandson. Id hoped there was a sofa/pullout instead of him climbing up after a long day.

Oh well, we'll do what we can.

I was also wondering if it were noisy from below?

Thanks, Evelyn

RuthlessBoss and k2excursion:)

Thank you both for responding. Im traveling w/ 22 yr old grandson. Id hoped there was a sofa/pullout instead of him climbing up after a long day.

Oh well, we'll do what we can.

I was also wondering if it were noisy from below?

Thanks, Evelyn

What is below your cabin that you are concerned about?

Has anyone stayed in this cabin?

Is it comfortable for 2 adults and is there a pullout sofa?

I checked all over the Internet and couldn't find any pictures.

Thanks,Evy

I stayed in Sunshine 1A cabin 1606 for a New Years cruise in 2013. I found this cabin to be larger than most 1A cabins, and the beds were pushed together making a king sized bed. That left little room between the bed and the desk/mirror area, but that didn't bother me at all. And there was plenty of room other than that-plenty of room for 2 people. There is no sofa. Sorry I didn't take any photos.

I stayed in Sunshine 1A cabin 1606 for a New Years cruise in 2013. I found this cabin to be larger than most 1A cabins, and the beds were pushed together making a king sized bed. That left little room between the bed and the desk/mirror area, but that didn't bother me at all. And there was plenty of room other than that-plenty of room for 2 people. There is no sofa. Sorry I didn't take any photos.

This is strange, all other information says it's an upper/lower bed, then you come along with something else:confused:

This is strange, all other information says it's an upper/lower bed, then you come along with something else:confused:

Yes, I was surprised too. I've stayed in plenty of 1A cabins because I frequently cruise solo and that was the first time I've ever had a king sized bed in a 1A.