Review - NCL Escape June 11-18 - by a Norwegian Newbie with 9 year old ;)

williecruz

Vibe: Singlehandedly our favorite part about this ship. I’m the kind of person who hates crowded beaches, crowded pools and any scenario where you’re half naked and up close to others. This was something I worried about when planning this cruise. (Hello! 4000+ people on the same ship!) The Vibe Beach Club melted away my worries. That being said--if you like lots of action, pumping music, entertainment and people watching then the main pool area is for you. This post goes out to the Vibe team (Roberto, Rommel and Reinzi) THEY ROCK! Each of them quickly remembered our names and took care of us with first class professionalism the entire week. The level of service we received at Vibe pretty much solidified our love for NCL and prompted our desire to sail again… very soon! The bar area is great for meeting others, trying new drinks and having a laugh. Depending on the day, we can be both....relaxing in a book club kind of way or sitting at the bar right at shot o'clock (You could pretty much request any time of the day to be 'shot o'clock!) . They have nice loungers spread out for a more relaxing experience with umbrellas for shade if needed. The guys know exactly when to leave you in the quiet or when to create some fun! They are really the sweetest guys and I can’t wait to see them again. There was such a sense of community in Vibe and I couldn’t wait to go there every day. I hope NCL recognizes how wonderful these guys are as employees!

The all-star Vibe team - (l-r Reinzi, Roberto & Rommel)

2016-06-17%20182635_zps3akaryvt.jpg

Yes Rommel, I love to cruise!

2016-06-17%20173533_zps46s57cfb.jpg

Roberto always serving up fresh fruit (and drinks!) with a smile!

2016-06-17%20113922_zpsj2tokjce.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Quick question about VIBE - were you able to take your 9 year old son in with you, or is it completely adults only? We are going on Escape in Feb, and have an 8 year old son and an 11 year old daughter. We love the thought of VIBE, but with our kids wanting to be near the waterslides, etc... didn't think it would be worth it for us, especially if they can't come inside that area. Thanks for any info!

Quick question about VIBE - were you able to take your 9 year old son in with you, or is it completely adults only? We are going on Escape in Feb, and have an 8 year old son and an 11 year old daughter. We love the thought of VIBE, but with our kids wanting to be near the waterslides, etc... didn't think it would be worth it for us, especially if they can't come inside that area. Thanks for any info!

Nope...no kids allowed in Vibe. We only went when our son was in Splash or a couple of times when he wanted to chill in the room and watch a movie that we brought on a USB drive. So, we didn't get to go as much as we could've, but still well worth it to us.

Is there a pool in Vibe? What was the age minimum? My kids will be 15 & 18 when we cruise. And how much was it per person?

Thanks!

There is no pool in Vibe. Only a hot tub, shower feature & a misting area with the nice woven loungers. It is adults only, but not sure if that means 18 or 21 to get in. When we cruised in June, it was $99/person. Hope it hasn't gone up since we're going again in a little over a month! :D

We pulled into the parking lot around 8:40. We reserved & paid for parking online the night before. There was a shuttle right there so the parking process only took a few minutes. Dropped us off at Terminal B a few minutes before 9am. We waited outside maybe 5 minutes before they let us in. I know it may have been overkill, but we really wanted to make an effort for Vibe!

I'm glad you mentioned Vibe. Our week is sold out. I want to arrive to port early so we can have a chance to give our vibe passes.