Help P&O insurance

Whitelaw87

I am going on my first cruise in July, I was wondering if my travel insurance I get with my current account (natwest) is OK to use?

P&O states that I need insurance and I get cover through my bank, I am travelling to Europe only and this is included with my bank, I want to know if there is 'special' cruise insurance I need or will my bank insurance be ok. It has a maximum pay out of £10,000,000.

Do I also need to print off a copy of my policy and take it on my cruise? Do they request it when I board or how does it work? thanks.

You need to read your policy to see if it covers travel by sea. Most do but some exclude it.

You don't need to present a copy of your policy. On your cruise personaliser, you need to put in the name of your insurance company and the emergency telephone contact number. This is along with all your other information such as passport number etc.

Brian

I use my insurance provided by Nationwide but I called then first initially just to check and they were fine with cruising.

Best to phone to be on the safe side but I would be surprised if it wasn't okay.

Make sure you tell them of any ailments or they may not cover you if something happens with a pre-existing condition that you didn't disclose.

Definately this and also carefully check any exclusions. One area of cover which can be missing, but people don't realise until too late is loss of passport.

Replacing a passport can cost an absolute fortune if you are abroad and you need one to get back into the UK.

Some insurance companies charge extra for cruise cover. There are conditions in policies which provide for circumstances only applicable to cruises such as providing cover for those who are taken off a cruise for health reasons and paying for either a return home or for transport to the next port of call.

If there is no specific reference to cruises in your policy booklet you should check with the insurance company to ensure you are covered.