"Cellars" Wine List: Dawn

soxfan2013

Here is the current wine list for Cellars on the Dawn. In addition, Mondavi M is available for $30 glass. All these wines by the glass are upgradeable for the difference over $15 w the UBP (plus 18% grats). These prices are based on a substandard 4oz pour (5 glasses to the bottle vs 4). Generally disappointing selection for a wine bar. The Chateau St Jean Cab was decent. The Ice Wine is a good desert wine for $17.50, or a $2.50 upcharge, but only a 2oz pour, so be prepared to order multiple glasses.

IMG_20160701_191350.jpg.7c8bf907cae8ed5b17b40d9d4da4bdef.jpg

IMG_20160701_190917.jpg.e9d156b210fcf7a6200948a72f8e98fe.jpg

Had the same issue with the pour on the brandy on the Getaway. Got a tablespoon's worth once. (What's that, half an opunce? The spoon was all I had handy.) So had to tell them to "keep it coming"...once I had myself convinced the pour was the issue, I no longer felt like a total liquor pig.

That said, the pour on the wine seemed close-ish, and at Ocean Blue it came out of the bottle, not a miniature carafe. Surprised that the "long pour" was UBP ineligible, even when the long pour was well under $15 for many varietals (usually $10-11). More work for the staff, which seemed unfair when they looked understaffed as it was. When there were 4+ of us, all on UBP all drinking same, I wish they could have just brought a bottle and left us to it. Seemed like extra work for nothing on their part.