Tracy Arm Fjord Scenic Cruising question

ocean731

So our upcoming itinerary says that we are doing Tracy Arm Fjord scenic cruising, 5 am to 10 am. Then the next day is a sea day. My question is, is the Tracy Arm day basically considered a sea day as well because we aren't docking or getting off the ship?

Can anyone give me any pointers for the day?

Thanks!

What we do or have done is the night before checkout the "heavy" deck blankets (don't worry they give you back your first born child when you return it) In the morning order a couple pots of coffee and pastries from room service and then find a nice quiet sport with some of the great deck chairs, panoramic view and camp out there for the morning, Views a great and you get a much better view than even from your Balcony.

It is more or less a sea day but depending on the ship you are on, you can arrange to go out on a smaller boat to get up close and personal.

Thanks! We are on the Grand, and I don't think we have that option of getting off, which is fine with me. So I guess, once you're through Tracy Arm, you are heading out to open sea?

They turn around. I believe the Grand does offer the catamaran tour: http://www.princess.com/excursion/exDetails.do?tourCode=TA1-660

Pricey but well worth it...............

They turn around. I believe the Grand does offer the catamaran tour: http://www.princess.com/excursion/exDetails.do?tourCode=TA1-660

Pricey but well worth it...............[/quoteT]

The link you posted is for the Ruby and I haven't found anything comparable for the Grand. The Ruby goes from Tracy Fjord to Juneau (where you get off of the catamaran), while the Grand (at least on my sailing) does Juneau earlier in the week and goes straight from TF to a sea day on the way to Victoria, so the Grand may not have the same options.