Hotels in LA Suggestions

shady

We will be sailing on the Diamond in Feb 05.

Going to LA one day early. Any advise on where to stay. Will be traveling with 5 adults and 5 kids ages 7 to 17.

Any help or suggestions will be appreated.

We usually stay at the Sunrise Best Western in San Pedro down the street from the pier. They let you park your car there all week (which won't be an issue for you). But the hotel is very decent and they have a free shuttle to take you down the street to the pier.

~~

"What ever floats your boat!"

My Cruise Webpage

01/05 - Star Princess or Navigator (undecided)

Vision of the Seas 01/04

Star Princess 04/02

Song of America 01/98

Hi shady....we're sailing the Diamond in February '05 too. What date are you going??? We are on the sailing on the 19th and planning on spending a couple of nights pre cruise. I've not had a lot of luck with the hotels I thought might work for us....already no availability. I covered my bases and booked near the airport while I keep checking!

Cruising! It's like being in the Garden of Eatin'!

In April, we stayed at the Hyatt Regency Long Beach pre cruise, got it for $55 on priceline. It was a nice hotel, but no shuttle service to peir or from airport.

post cruise we stayed at the Sheraton LA Harbor in San Pedro, shuttle service from (or to) pier, but not to airport. Booked direct with res desk @ $75. The Hyatt was nicer than the Sheraton, but the Sheraton is closer to the port of LA.

Gloria

Grand Princess, Eastern, April 2001

Grand Princess, Western,April 2002

Regal to Hawaii, April 5-20, 2004

Why not stay at the Queen Mary and get a pre-cruise fix?? The website should be www.queenmary.com . I have always wanted to stay there but never made it. The Long Beach Aquarium is close by and they even have a Russian Submarine you can take a tour of.

Misty

Roll Call for the Grandeur 12/18/04. Come join us in New Orleans for the Christmas Season!! <A HREF="http://messages.cruisecritic.com/2/OpenTopic?a=tpc&s=927093444&f=1683059817&m=389105961&r=699105961#699105961

" TARGET=_blank>http://messages.cruisecritic.com/2/OpenTopic?a=tpc&s=927093444&f=1683059817&m=389105961&r=699105961#699105961

</A>

Grandeur of the Seas / W. Caribbean / 12-18-04

Diamond / Coastal / 09-20-04

Vision of the Seas / Mexico / 04-04-04

Radiance of the Seas /Alaska /07-05-03

Archived