Micky Arrison on the first eastbound crossing after remastering

Germancruiser

Just back from my eastbound TA on board the newly redone QM2- so much said about that allready- what I found most interessting was the fact that Micky Arrison ( CEO of Carnival Corp. - therefor " owner "of the QM2) and his wife joined the ship in New York for his first crossing on the QM2! I was introduced from Capt. Wells at the World Club Gathering. He also was very sociable and walked the ship enjoyed the Queens Room so such things.

He also was interviewed from the Cruise Director in the packed Royal Court Theater. Very interessting and a very nice man indeed! I suppose i wanted to see where his 50 Mio Dollars went for the Remastering of " His Masterpiece" !

Edited by Germancruiser

Just back from my eastbound TA on board the newly redone QM2- so much said about that allready- what I found most interessting was the fact that Micky Arrison ( CEO of Carnival Corp. - therefor " owner "of the QM2) and his wife joined the ship in New York for his first crossing on the QM2! I was introduced from Capt. Wells at the World Club Gathering. He also was very sociable and walked the ship enjoyed the Queens Room so such things.

He also was interviewed from the Cruise Director in the packed Royal Court Theater. Very interessting and a very nice man indeed! I suppose i wanted to see where his 50 Mio Dollars went for the Remastering of " His Masterpiece" !

Hi Germancruiser. It must have been very interesting to meet Mr. Arison on his first transatlantic crossing. But I don't think it was his money that paid for the 'remastering'...as always, it's the passengers that pay. :)

BTW, not that it makes much difference, but the CEO of Carnival Cruise Line is Arnold W. Donald. Mr. Arison is Chairman of the Board - see http://www.forbes.com/profile/micky-arison/

Regards,

Salacia

Thanks Salacia- you are absolutly right- he is chariman not CEO. Oh well I think all his money comes from his passengers- and of that he has plenty...! LOL! What Captain Wells made clear and what I wrote a few years ago here on the Cunard board. Beside the complains of the " Carnivalisation of Cunard" Without Carnival and definatley without Micky Arrison there would no Queen Mary 2 around for us to enjoy! An a joy she is- for me- the most wonderful ship aflot!

I asked the steward once if Mickey Arrison had ever sailed on the Qm2 and he said yes he had..thou this might be his first TA which I find hard to believe

as it was his wish to build a new Transatlantic liner..