Question about the Cheers Drink Package

hummer2407

I have searched this message board with little luck. I am looking at the Cheers Drink Package. This is the Beer, Wine, Soft Drinks at meal times. I am hoping someone has experience with this. I was wondering what the hours were. The wording leaves it a little unclear to me. If the buffet is open will you be allowed to get beverages? I have read that they post meal times in the daily. What times are you actually allowed to use this package? Which bars would you be able to use?

Thank you in advance

Terry

I have searched this message board with little luck. I am looking at the Cheers Drink Package. This is the Beer, Wine, Soft Drinks at meal times. I am hoping someone has experience with this. I was wondering what the hours were. The wording leaves it a little unclear to me. If the buffet is open will you be allowed to get beverages? I have read that they post meal times in the daily. What times are you actually allowed to use this package? Which bars would you be able to use?

Thank you in advance

Terry

You can only use this package in the MDRs and buffet at lunch and dinner time.

these are published in the daily planner and the times do vary according to times that the ship is in port.

On my last cruise (April 2016)

lunch was typically12:30 - 14:30

Dinner was either 18:30 - 20:30 1st sitting, or 21:0 - 23:00 2nd sitting

When I had the Cheers package I was caught out because they had moved lunch time forward by half an hour and I hadn't noticed!!!:mad::mad:

personally I though it was a rubbish deal.

the current price is £13pppd (£91 per person for a 77 night cruise)

CHEERS ADULT - UNLIMITED MEALTIME DRINKS

*Starting from summer 2017, the Cheers package will be renamed Mealtime Restaurant Drink Package

Make your everyday meals a special occasion!

Unlimited wine (a choice of 2 white, 2 red and 1 rosé house brands), mineral water, draught beer, sodas and fruit juices during lunch and dinner.

The drinks included in this package are for consumption in the main restaurants and the self-service buffet, but not in the speciality restaurants.

a much better option ,IMHO, is the Allegrissimo :):)package currently £20pppd, £140 per person for a 7 night cruise

This is a true All Inclusive package and includes extra items such as cocktails, coffees, ice-cream (tub or cone) some smoothies , some shakes, some spirits

ALLEGRISSIMO ADULT - ALL INCLUSIVE UNLIMITED DRINKS Drink all you want, where you want, in total freedom and with a light heart! Unlimited consumption of alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks, including a wide range of drinks and cocktails from the bar list, a dedicated selection of wines by the glass, draught beer, an extensive selection of sodas, fruit juices and classic hot beverages (coffee espresso, cappuccino…) as well as takeaway ice cream in a cone or cup. The following items are not included in this offer: cigars, cigarettes, champagne, premium brands, mini bar, water in your cabin, room service, souvenir glasses and all food on payment. Some of the drinks from our bar and wine lists are excluded from Allegrissimo package; those items are indicated with an asterisk. The drinks included in the package can be consumed in all bars and restaurants, including the speciality restaurants and themed venues. * Book before you depart to get the best possible deal. The package is valid for every day of the cruise and cannot be purchases on a daily basis. It must be booked by all guests occupying the same cabin, or just travelling together and wishing to eat at the same table, including minors - between 3 and 17 years of age (i.e. who have not yet reached their 18th birthday) or, between 3 and 20 years of age (i.e. who have not yet reached their 21st birthday) for the Caribbean departures), who must book the Child version of the package. The package is not obligatory for Infants under 3 years old (i.e. who have not yet reached their 3rd birthday). The price of the package applies to each day of the cruise except the day of disembarkation. The package is for personal use only and valid for one order at a time. The ID card is non-transferrable. Abusing the terms of the all-inclusive package may cause the service to be withdrawn and the remaining days not to be refunded.

If you think the Alligrissimo is not for you then I would suggest the vouchers are a better option than the Cheers package

COFFEE CUDDLE Let the velvety warmth of our coffee delights conquer your soul! 15 coffee-based drinks, including cappuccino, caffelatte, espresso, non-alcoholic coffee delights and frozen coffee drinks. The vouchers are for consumption in the bars.

Price per package:£ 18,00

BOTTLED BEER PACKAGE TASTE THE WORLD

PREMIUM BEER PACKAGE Nothing is better than a chilled glass of golden bubbles! 14 beers and ciders in bottles or cans selected from Bar/Wine List. The drinks included in this package are for consumption in the main restaurants, specialty restaurants, self-service buffet and bars. The drinks included in this package are for consumption in the main restaurants, speciality restaurants, self-s...

More Details

Price per package:£ 46,00

ALEGRO - SOFT DRINKS Quench your thirst around the clock! 14 soft drinks, from a choice of cans or fruit juices. The vouchers are for consumption in the restaurants, self-service buffet and bars.

Price per package:£ 27,00

WATER PACKAGE Drops of refreshment every moment of your day! 14 bottles of mineral water 100cl. The vouchers are for consumption in the restaurants, self-service buffet and bars.

Price per package:£ 21,00

ALLEGRO - BEER & WATER Quench your thirst around the clock! 14 draft beers 40cl 7 bottles of mineral water. The vouchers are for consumption in the restaurants, self-service buffet and bars.

Price per package:£ 54,00

The prices quoted are the total per person for a seven night cruise

So a coffe cuddle and a beer and water package would only cost £72 per person for 14 drinks of each (15 coffee)

Pete

Edited by Skier52

I should have said that 14 drinks could be enough for one person for a seven day cruise when used in conjunction with the beverage corners in the buffet which give out tea (9 teabags ) a basic coffee ,fruit squash drinks and water.

The vouchers can be used at any bar at any time so are more flexible than the Cheers package which is very restrictive

Pete