Half Moon Cay advice needed

Buckimion

Just booked a cabana (and FTTF with Carnival) and need advice, primarily on getting around the area.

I have limited mobility and usually use a scooter. It appears that there is a transport truck in some of the videos my wife and I previewed, but I've also read reports of golf cart transportation. My wife would prefer it if I left the scooter behind and managed to ride along with her so she won't "get lost." :rolleyes:

How often does whatever transport is offered run and does it make regular loops? I would need this to get back for lunch, as well as when we pack it in for the day.

I picked up the FTTF with the primary objective of having an early shot to reserve the choice of cabana, ideally 10-11 near the restrooms, although 5-12 would be ok as well as the wife liked the idea of the pirate ship bar. Pretty much anything away from the kids area but not out in the boonies is good. Can anyone offer further advice?

We saw regular Coke offered, can we request diet from guest services?

We had Cabana 10 and did ride in the truck with seats close to it. We did have to step up several steps to get into the truck. Hubby walked to and from where they serve lunch and brought it back for us. I would not have made the trip.. We did have to walk back, as there was absolutely no transport back.. It's quite a walk. It is paved, with a brick walking path. To get to the bathroom from cabana 10 is a walk up a small hill in the sand, to the paved steps, then up 6 or so steps to the restroom area.

Hope this helps..

Pretty sure there were those fat wheeled wheelchairs you can use too.. Not sure how easy they push through that soft sand though.

I'm still recovering from chemo, and that's why it was so hard on me.

You might skip the lunch though, there is a ton of snacks and cold drinks provided in the cabana. Which is another 2 or 3 steps up.

Having the cabana is wonderful, and well worth the effort.. I will be there again, in 28 days or so...

Yes, you can order diet sodas.

If the transport truck makes any loops, we never saw it. In fact the whole way back, must have taken a half hour, didn't get passed by anything.

Edited by dulcimergirl

Thanks. That, and another trip report I read has me just about convinced that our best bet will be closer to the kids area/dock than we would like, but not so far out that I will be in too much pain.

I'll just be happy that Elation is a small ship. :D