Anthem -- what do I need to know?

mfabz

The only hint I can think of is that you should get to the shows early (like 20-30 minutes) to get seats because they open up seating to the standby line about 10-15 minutes early.

Do you have classic or choice dining?

Did you reserve iFly and NorthStar?

I'm going to be on Anthem on 10/1 and the reservations for North Star online are no longer available. Will there be times to get in line and get on without having a reservation?

We'll have classic dining. Is there anything important about that?

I've cruised quite often but this is my first time on Anthem and it just feels like so much is different this time around.

I'm going to be on Anthem on 10/1 and the reservations for North Star online are no longer available. Will there be times to get in line and get on without having a reservation? Yes, and you can also make reservation on board

We'll have classic dining. Is there anything important about that? Just know that the rotation through the 4 venues will be in your cabin on embarkation - Grande is the formal venue

I've cruised quite often but this is my first time on Anthem and it just feels like so much is different this time around.

Install the RoyalIQ app before you go and give it a try on board.

I'm going to be on Anthem on 10/1 and the reservations for North Star online are no longer available. Will there be times to get in line and get on without having a reservation?

While you are waiting to Board the ship they will give you a Cruise Compass for Day 1. This will give you the location to go and make reservations for dinner,shows and Rip Cord I Fly and the North Star and puzzle room. I was unable to do these on line but was able to get all of these done as soon as we boarded. The location for our cruise on July 23rd was at the Main Theater. We went directly there ad then on to 270 for lunch it was fantastic and no lines like the Wind Jammer Good Luck and have a great Cruise

It feels different because it is different. As long as you have reservations for dinner and entertainment, you'll be fine. Northstar should be easy if you try late afternoon, we walked on three times. Did you reserve the puzzle break room?

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I didn't know that our dining venues would already be posted in our cabin but that's good to know. The Puzzle Room isn't an option in the online reservations so I don't know about that. I have read about it and it sounds like something my husband I might do.

We just came off the Aug 6th trip and had the same problem. No worries- just get there early - we did at 9:30 and even though we couldn't board we were seated according when u arrive and were one of the first to board. I sent my boys directly to

North Star and I fly and they got reservations. I went directly to deck 3 to Chic and was able to book dinner reservations w no problem! Good Luck and have a Fabulous trip - we Did!!! I did hear that u can do this with the Royal IQ ( which is Fabulous - don't forget to download before u go) but I like talking to a Human!

Absolutely download the RoyalIQ app before you leave - it is free, and you do not need to buy internet minutes in order to use it on the ship. You can use it to make reservations, view your calendar, view the cruise compass, view your onboard account, check restaurant menus, etc. Some people were able to use it inside the terminal, but we were not able to use it until we were onboard.

As soon as you board (earlier is better), go directly across the ship to the "shore excursions" area and use the iPad there to make activities and entertainment reservations. (there are iPads in the customer service area too, but it's much busier there)

For classic dining, your restaurant rotation will be in your room. You will have the same table # and the same waiters - just a different restaurant each night for the first 4 nights, then the rotation repeats. You do not know ahead of time which night you will be assigned to The Grande, which is formal attire all but the first and last nights of the cruise. So, be prepared for that, however you don't have to go all out if you don't want to - the only real requirement is no shorts, and jackets for men. They lend out jackets to men who don't have them.