Oceania air question

Pirouette

We are about to make a last minute booking for a European cruise that leaves early next month. This will be our fourth O cruise and we have always paid for an air deviation to have more time at both the start and end of the cruise. This time we are content to arrive the day of the cruise as the ship will remain in port that first night and similarly on the last night. Because we are within 30 days the full balance is due immediately.

I am concerned about flight selection. Last time we connected in Toronto for a flight to Lisbon on Air Canada Rouge. It was awful and not an experience we wish to repeat. We would prefer to fly from Vancouver to either Amsterdam, Frankfurt, Munich etc and then connect to a Venice bound flight. It is shorter in duration and much more convenient. The cost of routing through European hubs appears to be very similar to routing through Canada. If we are not requesting a deviation do we have any control over our routing? i.e. If we ask not to fly on a particular carrier or routing, will that be construed as a deviation request and attract the deviation fee?

If we are not requesting a deviation do we have any control over our routing? i.e. If we ask not to fly on a particular carrier or routing, will that be construed as a deviation request and attract the deviation fee?

NO not usually but you could ask what the routing will be at this late date they may tell you

if you want control on the routing take the credit & book your own flights

option 2 pay the deviation & pick the flights you want

We are about to make a last minute booking for a European cruise that leaves early next month. This will be our fourth O cruise and we have always paid for an air deviation to have more time at both the start and end of the cruise. This time we are content to arrive the day of the cruise as the ship will remain in port that first night and similarly on the last night. Because we are within 30 days the full balance is due immediately.

I am concerned about flight selection. Last time we connected in Toronto for a flight to Lisbon on Air Canada Rouge. It was awful and not an experience we wish to repeat. We would prefer to fly from Vancouver to either Amsterdam, Frankfurt, Munich etc and then connect to a Venice bound flight. It is shorter in duration and much more convenient. The cost of routing through European hubs appears to be very similar to routing through Canada. If we are not requesting a deviation do we have any control over our routing? i.e. If we ask not to fly on a particular carrier or routing, will that be construed as a deviation request and attract the deviation fee?

The best thing for you to do is to price the flights that you would prefer, as if you were going to buy your tickets independently, and then contact Oceania as if you were planning on buying a Deviation from them.

They will price the flights which you ask for under the deviation umbrella, and will probably suggest a few alternatives which you did not notice.

The Deviation Fee does not kick in until the Passenger accepts a flight plan from O, so after you know the alternatives, if you decide to book privately, you have not lost anything, but you can rest easy knowing that all of your options were explained. :o

Thank you. I have contacted the air department at my TA. They are calling O now to find out the proposed routing from Vancouver. Once I have that information I can then make an informed choice. I have already looked at a number of options-there are several that seem to all be at the same general price point. I will know soon if any of those options fall under the O umbrella or otherwise.