Moped rentals, Oleander or Elbow Beach?

kycalgal

We're going to Bermuda on the Norwegian Dawn in 2 weeks and would like to see the island on mopeds. The only companies I see are Oleander and Elbow Beach. Anyone here have experience with either company? Which is easier for pick up / drop off? My brother in law saw the island by moped 42 years ago on his honeymoon and wants to do this again...

I'm open to other helpful comments or concerns. We are the 2 adventurous ones in the family. :-)

Also, if we get a whole day rental, can we go from beach to beach and park there? That was my thought, but now I'm wondering if that's possible at most beaches.

Also, if we get a whole day rental, can we go from beach to beach and park there? That was my thought, but now I'm wondering if that's possible at most beaches.

In 2009 we flew to Bermuda for a seven day vacation. Rented mopeds from Oleander, they were easy to deal with. For example, they provided transportation to pickup and drop-off the moped.

Be careful, it can be tricky and dangerous driving a moped in Bermuda. Riding two-up you'll wish for more horsepower. And I recommend staying away from Hamilton during the morning and evening rush hours. Bermuda drivers will tail-gate if they feel you're driving too slow and pass you by with little room to spare. I describe Bermuda's roads as a 24/7/365 Indy 500 race!

You can park at all beaches. One of our most memorable days began at the Dockyard, driving along the southern road. We stopped at each and every beach. Sometimes we took pictures, sometimes we took pictures and swam for a bit. It was a great day!

Edited by Paul from Maryland

We rented from Oleanders this May. 10% discount if you make reservations online. The good thing about Oleanders is, you can rent at Dockyard, take a ferry to St. G, pick up another scooter, ride around St.G, take the ferry back, and pick up another scooter at DY.