Not your typical review- A Typical Norwegian Escape Aug 14-20,2016

Amoré Familia

329044d7b6efc6c58827c498b8b412d8.jpg

Our surprise welcome aboard from Juvo the Hotel Director.

Each cabin got one but the kids could not eat due to allergy. I tried talking to Maria who was suppose to send them a plate of plain strawberries. They never got them. I got very creative with stacking the drinks in the mini bar. Then I took the cap off the top of the cup and used it like a mini plate for the 2nd plate of them to eat the next day.

Like I said before fill out comment cards. They want to know how staff is doing.

Also our sailing had 5200 guest .Found that out because one family missed sail away. He said he would wait 30 min , which seem like 20min. I didn't think so because it did not seem crowded. Only sometimes a wait for elevators. There are 16 steps for flight. I know because I started counting because sometimes going up I was having problems when trying to walk to many floors. I am in fair shape and a diabetic who cheats. Diet starts Sunday. I did not even dare step on the scale today. Was told by staff the average guest gains 7lbs on a week cruise.

As I said before we did go to Welcome Aboard party for awhile. People who won prizes in raffle danced with staff. It was very entertaining .

4ff49bed767925a59bc4ee41e1d462afjpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Before I forget if traveling Southwest out of Ft L upstairs luggage check in even a kiosk Is 4 hr prior . If you have a later flight go down to baggage claims there is a check in that accepts luggage for any flight of SW that day. And good luck finding a seat at your gate . Standing room only after 10. Food:Starbucks;Pizza; Cuban Sandwich;salads, basic not the selection of restaurants most airports have.

Where to next? Cabin 11850 & 11852 balcony. Many of you have seen the typical balcony so my pics will be a little different. Many have stated no drawers. That is not a problem. We had lots of hangers (20). Small hanging rack with in the closet.

4718594fc8ecbe77713778e1ee854938.jpg

Lots of deep shelves (6) Long top shelve across the top. Safe in closet. And deep enough closet for shoes. No need for shoe pouch.(did not even unpack it). c19d90b3505d469c11cfb8808c5a3158.jpg

Next to bed both sides night stands with 2 shelves. Above USB port 1 each side.(just need cord). Magazine rack like shelf above bed(didn't use).

Plenty of storage for luggage under bed. Biggest issue of dislike the space between the bed corner and where TV is. Barely fit rolling carry on sideways between it. Another magazine rack below TV. Teens watch shows on theirs. We only used it to review acct or look at availability on shows. Below TV door with 3 shelfs and one smaller corner deeper 3 shelf area. Above counter below mirror another shelf(used for smaller items did not want to misplace on counter) Mini fridge get creative

22562e7779b3045c156e1673d72699f6.jpg

bce9e6321cb465fd32dfa0e9035d3d43.jpg

8ad6eaebadec8443d2f322e5ae7c3df0.jpg

My creative plate storage.

And under counter next to fridge hairdryer( not bad mine is more powerful at home -I just sat or stood on balcony and let the breeze predry.)901eee137659387137ad43d923c217bc_thumb.jpg

There is a small ottoman with a removable table top. We used it under counter for dailies and other papers.

Across from counter is the couch. Which on the last night I discovered had 2 large drawers filled with extra bedding and towels.

56100dc562848cc6e8dcbcebda926b2a.jpg

Our cabin steward told us they are not allowed in a room that has Do Not Disturb or the I am home light. They can only enter no light or make up room. So those who leave a key card in the light switch beware your room will not be made up.The lights stay on for about a min after removing card. Oh and if you are there put the card in even if you do not need light. Let's just say son was in the bathroom.

Which brings me to the bathroom. On the door inside there are 2 hooks and outside the door on the wall facing it 2 hooks. (Partial wet swimsuit dryer for us) Inside 2 towel racks Want fresh towels put used on floor. I tried drying some on rack thinking she would replace and I got a folded damp towel. Another garbage can and area under sink. 4 glasses on wall. Soap plate , which I would move out of the way under the glasses and she would move to other side. My OCD was becoming irritated. 2 more shelves on mirror and below counter 2 shelves. Our toilet did not always flush. We found if we slammed lid back down it was fine. My teens had same issue. The shower we felt was roomy . 2 small wire corner shelfs(things fell off and through) right knob is temp and left is pressure of water , not hot and cold . Our cabin steward always turned the head toward the wall. Wish they thought of women shaving in shower. Door seals great unless you inadvertently close the door with the floor mat in it. Yes the floor mat just kept absorbing water. DH to the rescue . I wanted a dry floor not a flood. Lighting was great unless the DW hits the bathroom light switch outside the door looking for the ceiling light switch while you are showering. DH thought he was in a disco.

The cabin pic was 11850. The cabin 11852 the same just opposite walls. Beds were by closet in both.

Asked cabin steward first day to open balconies between. Got old very fast using the extra key cards to access each other's cabins. Balcony had 2 chairs and small table. Views

9239568df7deafdc7d74ba13e076c8a8.jpg

e8f8fe778a3885e0ecca429f55105cb9.jpg

d3f716ce2a529ebc2f4c276cce3ba010.jpg

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160821/a3e4ff79d7acf2821b2737c361e23b2bhttp://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160821/9baf8fbb5219a3f607efbef32

Edited by Amoré Familia

Which Hampton inn

Because we trAvel and stay at Hampton Inns a lot we would consider the one in Brickell . But after understanding the lay of the land I can see why Intercontential is popular. If we had no nights for stay and was paying I would look at this one.Doubletree was fine. Had we knew our way around and had a car it would have been better. Felt trapped in the overpriced restaurants offered there.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Looking forward to the rest of your review. What a great job on the pictures! The food looks delicious...no wonder there is "an average 7 lb weight gain" :D.

I see you posted dailies on your roll call, but they seem fuzzy when I try to view. If you get a chance, can you try posting them here? Maybe they'll come through a bit more clearly. Thanks for helping us out.

Meanwhile, enjoying the review, already having fun tagging along with you guys!

What are the shows on the escape? We will be cruising in Dec so our 90 days out are coming up quick. I like to book shows and dinners asap.

I will be getting to those. But I really had not planned on doing this review until I was bored waiting for our flight home. So I am slightly disorganized. Also I am wash, ironing and packing clothes and items for my son to go off to college this week :(. Cruise was his graduation farewell trip.

You can only book 2 entertainment ahead. After Midnight (day 2 for us) and For the Record Brat Pack ( day 5). I would just book everything unless you are completely not interested. You can always change and cancel. Same for dining.

7b837726648ce974b083688819e90e64.jpg

Hope you can see these. Tap on pic and try zooming in.

e0cdd08bbdb560cf599d600c38fb495c.jpg

e35a2e6f5c23279c6f3b253c2e860100.jpg

c0534ab4a564999e4c18c348a5bf85cc.jpg

Those with health medical issues and allergies or glute free need to contact Escape Access desk prior to departure. You will be sent papers to fill out and fax or email back. 1-800-327-9020 ext 26161 vtorres@NCL.com

6d95844f141b6990054ee2b215cd73f9.jpg

028e595989a3cd8ecaa15bd5f87d58b6.jpg

I will be posting FDs as I go along.

Remember day 1 register Guppies,Splash and Entourage.

We did not see "Welcome Aboard Variety". We were enjoying Cagney's too much.

Saw "Oh What a Night" last night and I do recommend going to it the last night.

"Howl At The Moon" went 2x many areas have this in their local town. I found our local one on Facebook .

Additional internet minutes for same price today only. 20 more on 250=270

10 more+100= 110

Edited by Amoré Familia

Off to the Garden Buffet for breakfast. Yes Washy Washy crew member was singing away . Much too early for me to hear that. So I am sorry but I found him annoying. My kids loved him . Said Carnival had Ittt's Showtime and Norwegian has Washy Washy. The spray gives you way too much. Before I start into what is here a few comments. 1) An electronic sign at entrances with what each station is offering. 2) At some point embarkation day a map of the stations. I never did figure them all out. I just kept walking until I found food that looked good. Yes I lapped the GC. I guess it was my exercise for all the food I was going to eat. We would come in the back entrances Aft. So the front would be the entrances closest to kids pool area. I should have snapped pics of the station names. That day I went from the back to my right which puts you in the middle. Along that side I found the omelette station. Thank God! I got some bacon and potatoes from the station nearest the front. So from that station I moved to the omelette station. Only to be admonished by the crew who stood there saying line forms to left. Never have I started a line to left. Instead of wasting a crew member to do this pay for some hanging arrow signs -Line starts here. At least I and the other guest would not have felt shamed . One gentleman on another day came along only I was waiting for mine to finish. He tried giving his order and the chef just looked at him. I kindly told him if he did not go to the left and place his order then the chef will not cook it. And it was hard to see the options for the omelette . Yes mushrooms and spinach is hiding there. After my walk of shame and my closest 1,000 friends joining me I searched for a table to meet up withDH. Only to find out I had no drink. DH pointed me in the direction of where he got his. But I wanted juice and did not spot it . I thought I had to get at bar. I asked about where to find cranberry juice and he said I have it. Pours me juice and says need card it is $2.50. I said no the included juice. He pours the drink away (a waste -he could have just given it to me) And points me in the direction of the watered down juice.I go back to eat and am grateful that silverware is there. Upon eating their version of corn beef hash I decide there must be something better. So I go to the front and find some hash browns that I liked but DS hated. Very thin. Also in that area was cereals , eggs Benedict and grilled tomatoes.i found out that if I went far aft that is where crepes station is. Suppose to be good but never ate. They use hazelnut so not recommended for nut allergies. As you can tell I am not a fan of buffets. Not to mention the excursion I went on for fruit.

My theme for the GC Just Keep Walking Just Keep Walking (Take that anyway you want)

Edited by Amoré Familia

The dailies & all other informative notices are coming through perfectly....Thank You!

I must say, we are happy you were "bored" on the way home and it motivated you to share your stories. What a first morning you had at the Garden Café :eek: . Will be reading (and enjoying) as your review continues.

The teens went off to do the slides. Neither opted for the drop slide. Neither wanted to chance getting hurt. DD is a pole vaulter and lives and breathes for it. DS finishing last days out at gym before going off to college. He was a level 10 optional gymnast. So both have no fears. They loved the slide with the tube. DD has a video. I will try to get. DD found the ultimate spot although she thought it was too cool. Just outside the lobby forward. Every time the door opens we got a blast of cold air. And it was in the shade.

cbd245d780309e76b866d90194b4b9b3jpg

12e6fc7564f263c77c7342cd9f37bf55.jpg

There were plenty of chairs available first sea day . Not as many on second day but that was last day and sunnier too.

My DD was upset pool was adults only until 5:00. She was not allowed in Spice or Vibe. And way too old for the kids area. Did they think this out. I think not. Fortunately for her she looks older than she is. I told her to go and if crew says something I will talk with Juvo. Worked for her.