Not your typical review- A Typical Norwegian Escape Aug 14-20,2016

Amoré Familia

e6bcb9b8b8462f6787347a878fe9c7d3.jpg

This is what we paid for a cd(all pics of my family of 4), DVD, and 4 printed pics.

We went back so the teens could do the ropes course. My daughter has no fear . She is a pole vaulter. And son has just finished his men's gymnastics career level 10. Mom and Dad was not going up there. We went to Spice H2O instead. They told me it was very easy. They actually preferred the Go Ape course near our house over the Escapes course. So hear are some pics of my daredevils. I will have to get the one from them out on the plank.Daughter has fluorescent yellow on and son has white.

9973ad4463d7b73d77184bf8157bfd9e.jpg

5a7b4a271cca12795c84e188fdc3d0c8.jpg

I ran around to get better pics and missed the plank.

2cfc08c0137ef42e88c03c4f85f2666c.jpg

fa34fa247d6b30c508d9619311a8fa1b.jpg

b3ff773a67ee9d86c03610f954fa76e6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

1f8bc9aedd48574f9727459d98b9b09a.jpg

16ea77698a48e9d6edb79f3245b08038.jpg

6a0abb2a707296e080b827371337a46d.jpg

d5c8fce5f47dfd4a4da88051f7db6ce2.jpg

9b103521f3d74b9085396c88ff3747a5.jpg

7ddcd0276d20da9fe34b83148a37ae18.jpg

I have lots but I won't bore you with them. The close ups I took from the mini golf course.

They were able to walk right on because most were in port.

I think they went and did slides after their stroll in the air.

We just jacuzzi jumped.

That night we had dinner in Taste again. Should have done Savor was going to change but family said just leave it.

That night we went to see For the Record : The Brat Pack. I can honestly say that everyone in our family throughly enjoyed it. It was in the Escape Theater. I cannot believe they even attempted this as a supper show. The place was packed. I would say this was the best show all week. We are family with the movies so we followed along. Do not miss this show! I got our spots for it online before we left.

After the show we went to watch the comedian Mark .

He was pretty good for an older gentleman. I bet his adult show can be pretty rank. Daughter collects stickers and got some from him.

Our last day we relaxed in the sun. Had a giant grasshopper chase us. We found out they like to board in Cozumel.

310f66fe22ade1369f04aa1e21e77fa5.jpg

b5921777db3298e22aaa5764969a1870.jpg

The teens and DD did the slides.They did not do the drop out floor one. Said they did not want to take the chance of getting hurt. I was surprised my daredevils did not do it. I think my daughter didn't want to take her jewelry off.

Lunch was the buffet. I had a Cuban sandwich which was delicious . Daughter liked hers too. But she had a small detour to the buffet. She had shorts with her bikini top and they would not let her in. Amazing we found each other again with the crowd in there. And had a salad and ice cream.

We had an early dinner in Teppanyakii . We had an interesting Grouo for the chef. 2 nut allergies, 1 egg allergy, and 3 seafood allergies. He was ready to throw his utensils in the air. And he did literally . Then he had a new chef behind him who burnt him 2x during our meal. He ended up cooking my sons whole meal first due to his allergies. And mine was last because I had seafood. You can order ice cream if you don't like the dessert choices. One is a fruit tray with the fruit cut in small slivers. The other was a green tea cake with pistachio ice cream. The older gentleman at our table just stared at it. He said he was waiting for me to eat mine. It was different. Had the small peanut brittle been the crust of the cake instead of the dab of brittle on the plate it would have been better. The older gentleman did not eat all of his.

Thank you for the detailed description of swimming with the dolphins. We already booked this tour in Cozumel for our Escape cruise next spring. Didn't quite know what to expect, but after reading your review, I'm really excited and glad we chose this excursion!

The cabin pic was 11850. The cabin 11852 the same just opposite walls. Beds were by closet in both.

Asked cabin steward first day to open balconies between. Got old very fast using the extra key cards to access each other's cabins.

Did the steward open the balcony divider for you? Were you able to keep it open all of the time?

Thank you for the detailed description of swimming with the dolphins. We already booked this tour in Cozumel for our Escape cruise next spring. Didn't quite know what to expect, but after reading your review, I'm really excited and glad we chose this excursion!

Definitely one of our favorite excursions!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

And the last night of our cruise we saw the Four Seasons show. I would say it is your average show. But I am glad we waited until the last night. Norwegian does a special video of the cruise that week. And has a special goodbye for the staff after it. Both my husband and I thought it was a very thoughtful touch. But brings out the emotion that your cruise is over. After that we wanted ice cream but that never happened. The gelato and hard ice cream was closed. So DD went to video arcade to cash in her tickets. They need more than one prize machine. She had to wait forever. And person before her gave some remaining points to her and she passed some of hers on to the next group also(because the machine malfunction giving her more than she should have . So she decided to pass on her good luck). She got some rubber ducks and rings. Don't wait until the last moment like we did.

We are self luggage carriers so no need to have our luggage out. I think if you are driving that it is easier to have them do it. But I had to have certain things in luggage for airplane. And we like the speed of not looking for our luggage.

I awoke about 2AM to find the Escape coming into Miami port. I went out on deck and was surprised how many were still awake. Seeing Miami at night was a great view. The dancing person on the one building intrigued me (all done with lights).

We awoke early and headed to Taste for our last meal on board. No surprise to me they started disembarkation early. After a great last meal we got our luggage to disembark. Since we were aft and saw they were also disembarking there with really no line that is where we showed our cards one last time. Then we walked outside to the forward crowd coming out. Ours went really quick. There was many staff there to say goodbye including Washy Washy. Once in the terminal we went down some stairs and to customs. I was surprise the luggage was right there. And although a line it went quickly. Became very disoriented once we passed this point. We had a NCL transfer but was very lost were to go. I asked someone who I thought was info who sent us further down to a hut like theirs. They had a list of names but you still need to show your edoc or the letter they left in your room. One couple did not know this and was searching away. We had one of friendliest bus drivers. He even gave us some info on Miami as we drove away and onto Ft L airport. About a 30min ride. He could only drop us off pass the curbside area. We went to ditch the luggage but could not upstairs only 4 hr flights away. I tried self kiosk I too. An employee told us to go down to where you pick up luggage and they have one down there that will take any flight. A terrible designed line but finally could ditch the luggage. Then back upstairs to TSA. Daughter I think because of age got a pass to not take shoes off but this was no told to her like in our home airport . Anyone 65 and older also gets it. But no one tells them there is a different express line. There were 2 lines then suddenly confusion and next thing we knew there was one. Just glad my DD and I got through at the beginning of that mess. DH and DS not so lucky. Ft L is building another terminal that is way over due. This airport is small and crazy with people. Good Luck finding a seat. Now this is where I started writing. I know I forgot some odds and ends and will try to address them as I find them. Got some more pics to post. But if you got a question about something you think I missed hit me up.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

• 1 year later...

Thanks for your review! You'll be happy to know that the photo of the hangars in the closet was helpful. I hang my pants by the bottom cuffs because they stay less wrinkled than way. One less thing to pack.