?? - boarding Empress in San Juan at night

AmandaNS

I know there has been a few questions bopping around about boarding at night, boarding in San Juan, etc, so please be patient with me!! :D

We're leaving on the Empress out of San Juan for the Southern itinerary... just wondering, for those who have done it, when was the muster drill (we're supposed to leave at 8)? Did most of you stay on the ship the first day, or get on, then leave to go on shore to explore? Where does the ship leave from? I'm assuming there's another pier other than the one we stopped at on our last cruise right in the old part of the city... we didn't see anywhere to do the paperwork / security stuff there. What's the pier like / what should we expect?? Any ideas on transportation from the airport to the ship, and from the ship to Old San Juan if we choose to spend time in port? We're familiar with San Juan, just not the travel part of it!!

Sorry for all the questions, but if you can even answer one or two, that would help!! :) Thanks!!

I know there has been a few questions bopping around about boarding at night, boarding in San Juan, etc, so please be patient with me!! :D

We're leaving on the Empress out of San Juan for the Southern itinerary... just wondering, for those who have done it, when was the muster drill (we're supposed to leave at 8)? Did most of you stay on the ship the first day, or get on, then leave to go on shore to explore? Where does the ship leave from? I'm assuming there's another pier other than the one we stopped at on our last cruise right in the old part of the city... we didn't see anywhere to do the paperwork / security stuff there. What's the pier like / what should we expect?? Any ideas on transportation from the airport to the ship, and from the ship to Old San Juan if we choose to spend time in port? We're familiar with San Juan, just not the travel part of it!!

Sorry for all the questions, but if you can even answer one or two, that would help!! :) Thanks!!

We leave this Monday on the Empress, we did this same cruise on the Dawn Princess, So here are some of your answers.

Muster was at 5pm, if you miss it you do it again the next day for those who missed it.

You must be back on Board by 7:30 for sailing.

If you have early dinner that is even earlier or us we have late dinner at 8:30 after the sailaway party..

We leave from the Pan American Pier and you would have to take a cab downtown as this is on the other side of the inlet.

As far as getting around we always take a cab from the airport to ship and than into town and back.

TOm

We sailed with Celebrity from the Pan American Pier....at that time they were well underway with the construction of the Convention Center.

Does anyone know of the status of the Convention Center?....just curious. It might interesting to do a quick run through if it is operational.

Thanks

Robin

Archived