Caribe Balcony VS AD Mini Guarantee - Golden

twostacys

Hello Everyone,

I will be going on my first cruise in October on the Golden. I have an AD mini guarantee booked. I have been looking at pictures of regular balcony rooms and the mini suites. The balcony rooms on the Caribe deck look nice. I was thinking of changing my room to a BA balcony on the Caribe deck.

Is the mini suite worth the extra $$? It would be about a $300.00 difference.

Thanks for your thoughts - have a great day.

Stacy

The answer to your question really depends on the individual. Is it worth it FOR ME? You betcha. To help determine whether it's worth it for you, here are some questions to consider:

1) How many people are you sharing the cabin with? If more than 1 other person, you will definitely appreciate the extra space a mini-suite gives you.

2) Do you enjoy spending time in the cabin or are you a person who considers the cabin only a place to shower and sleep? If the former, a mini-suite will likely be worth it. If the latter, maybe not.

3) Are you and the person/people you're sharing the cabin with on similar schedules and do you enjoy the same things? If not, you might like to have a separate area where you can relax on the sofa and read or watch TV while someone else is napping or doing something else in the cabin. There is no WALL separating the sofa area from the bed area, but I've known people to read or watch TV (on low volume) while their cabinmate was sleeping.

I've just returned from spending a week in cabin E728 (an AD aft mini-suite) for the second time on Golden. The AD aft mini-suites on Emerald have an extra-long balcony which is really nice since you have room for chaise lounges as well as other chairs/tables.

Golden Princess 5/2004 (Southern)

Golden Princess 3/2003(Eastern)

Grand Princess 5/2002 (Western)

Grand Princess 5/1999 (Eastern)

The balconies on Dolphin and Caribe are approx the same size. The D is completely open, the C is half covered, thus a little more private.

Minis have bathtubs if that is important to you. We usually get a BB and are happy.

Gloria

Grand Princess, Eastern, April 2001

Grand Princess, Western,April 2002

Regal to Hawaii, April 5-20, 2004

Although the balconies on Caribe deck are twice as large as those on other decks, I would

definitely opt for the AD as opposed to the BB's.

Would you rather have more space inside or outside is the question, and I can tell you, after touring the mini-suites, I'd definitely

take more room inside. The Caribe deck rooms

were fine. If you are only two people, then

go for it. However, to me, for the extra $300

I'd take the AD. Much roomier.

Carnival Holiday 6/92

RCCL Monarch of the Seas 6/94

Celebrity Infinity 6/28/01

Star Princess 2/08/03

Golden Princess 12/06/03

Diamond Princess 9/25/04

I am balcony freak so I guess I have the opposite opinion from most of you. I would opt for the Caribe cabin. I just got off the Golden doing 2 week b2b in C739 and I found it to be great. The balcony was large enough for two lounge chairs plus a table and 2 chairs. Being half covered, we were able to move in the shade when needed or if it rained or sit in the sun when we wanted a little sun bathing. I thought the cabin was plenty big enough for two people with a lot of storage. Shower is small tho but I can handle that since I'm only in there for a short time each day.

Archived