Elation October 8th

slrjtr

Hey!! We are supposed to be cruising on the elation out of Jacksonville on Saturday October 8th. This is our first cruise and I don't know a lot about cruise ships. I am thinking that there will be a good chance for ports to still be closed in Nassau and Freeport by Monday and Tuesday. My question is...can the ship make it further like grand Turk or even USVI??? would carnival even consider those as an option if it was possible?? I have 3 kids that are so excited about this cruise. If it gets cancelled or delayed more than a couple of days then because of work we would have to reschedule for next year. Just trying to think of all the possible scenarios.

As far as the storm goes, the ship will be able to make it. It depends on how much damage the port takes as to whether or not she'll be able to pull in and dock. Go to the Weather link at the top of the Carnival web page, click on the Hurricane Matthew link, and follow the directions to sign up for text alerts for our cruise.

We were supposed to go on the cruise on the 3rd but cancelled. I hate to say that there seems to be very little chance that your cruise will happen. There doesn't seem to be a set time on when they can get back to the closed port. Plus, there will be so much flooding that you probably couldnt even get to the port. We were also supposed to park at the parking lot across from the port. I'm sure that will be under water along with all those cars. Hopefully not completely under water!!! I know it's just my opinion but I think we were lucky not to go.

We will reschedule early 2017.

Stay safe!!

They never made it to Freeport they ended up staying in key west the whole time :/. I am wondering if the ship will even be able to get back to port by Sunday for us to leave.

Probably too late to help you now but I live in Jacksonville and the Port was closed, I THINK until Sunday. The Navy moved ships off shore as well. I saw the port today and it looks fine, and the parking lot across the street was dry today with cars there.

I hope you have a pleasant and fun cruise whenever you go. I feel sorry for those on Elation this past week.

They never made it to Freeport they ended up staying in key west the whole time :/. I am wondering if the ship will even be able to get back to port by Sunday for us to leave.

Probably too late to help you now but I live in Jacksonville and the Port was closed, I THINK until Sunday. The Navy moved ships off shore as well. I saw the port today and it looks fine, and the parking lot across the street was dry today with cars there.

I hope you have a pleasant and fun cruise whenever you go. I feel sorry for those on Elation this past week.